Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Orient v Spurs called off...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Having lots of money doesn't turn normal human beings into Avengers. I'm not usually one to stick up for players embarking on a congested run of games (over Christmas / New Year or whatever), but a schedule of 6 games in 11 days (including a long european trip) is looney tunes. Cash washing around in the bank doesn't take away fatigue. They're fortunate that tonights game has been binned at least.

How man of those players will play in all six games. I'd vouch none of them will do more than 3 or the equivalent of 3 matches in minutes anyway.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Moyes and two West Ham players sent home tonight from their EFL game having tested positive
This could get messy very quickly, can see football being suspended if a few more clubs lose players to isolation.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This could get messy very quickly, can see football being suspended if a few more clubs lose players to isolation.

There certainly won't be any 20:15 kick offs, that takes the teams past 10pm!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
How man of those players will play in all six games. I'd vouch none of them will do more than 3 or the equivalent of 3 matches in minutes anyway.

Yes obviously, kids and ressies will have to be drafted in. Thats not really the point though.

I can remember us having to play Sunday-Tuesday-Friday once a few seasons back for various TV reasons (vs Palace, Liverpool and Leeds IIRC) and being macked off at being forced to play weakened teams that week as a direct result. At least that was 3 games at home though. Spurs are spanning the country and the continent with this run.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Let's not forget that our "U-21s" played Leyton Orient only two weeks ago tonight. If the Orient testing was done on Saturday (as the talkSPORT report mentioned in this thread suggests), there must be at least a chance that the virus was present in one or more of the Orient squad when that match took place.

Does anyone know if Albion are testing their U-23/U-18 squad players at all?

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean

It was suspended last time after 1 manager got Covid...

What's different this time?

West Ham's next couple of matches will be postponed at least

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

It's a supreme Irony that it was a West Ham bubble that burst first

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby

I know everyone is desperate to avoid another shutdown but from what I can tell the only difference this time is the "bubble" system and fact prem players are being tested twice weekly still

On the other hand there is no EFL compulsory testing anymore which is why prem teams are paying for EFL opposition to be tested before cup games

second manager that we know of after Middlesbro's last week now Moyes and there are increasing number of players testing positive despite their holidays being over a few weeks ago now

feels like its going to get worse before it gets better again :(

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I know everyone is desperate to avoid another shutdown but from what I can tell the only difference this time is the "bubble" system and fact prem players are being tested twice weekly still

On the other hand there is no EFL compulsory testing anymore which is why prem teams are paying for EFL opposition to be tested before cup games

second manager that we know of after Middlesbro's last week now Moyes and there are increasing number of players testing positive despite their holidays being over a few weeks ago now

feels like its going to get worse before it gets better again :(

Premier League teams other than Newcastle, whose lovely cuddly owner Mike Ashley, has refused to pay for testing for Morecambe...

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I didn't take a refund, and am still paying every month for games that I can't go to. But thank you for your observation.

And does that help Preston.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
And does that help Preston.

Ah ok - I honestly didn't realise I also had to budget to help all the other clubs we play now as well.

I've just realised - I didn't send a cheque to Portsmouth last week either. Just imagine my consternation.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I know everyone is desperate to avoid another shutdown but from what I can tell the only difference this time is the "bubble" system

What bubble system?

I don't believe players are home-bound once they've left training, although I would expect most players will be sensible enough not to "do a Grealish". Despite that, some will have partners out at work, kids at school and will meet up with other friends and family. Some will become infected and when they do, it will probably only be the luck of speed of detection that prevents it spreading throughout a squad.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Ah ok - I honestly didn't realise I also had to budget to help all the other clubs we play now as well.

I've just realised - I didn't send a cheque to Portsmouth last week either. Just imagine my consternation.

You don't have to budget do you, however being given the opportunity to watch for a small sum of money, a stream, which wouldn't usually be available and helping a fellow football team survive doesn't seem too bad to me.

And your consternation is short lived as they shared TV money on that occasion.

Hohum

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here