Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion announce partnership with First Touch Games

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
..."Notching up over 850 million downloads, their portfolio has been localised in a dozen different languages and downloaded in over 100 countries, achieving numerous number one positions across store charts along the way"...

...“This will further increase the profile of our club globally and see Brighton & Hove Albion included in future football games that are planned to be published by FTG"...

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...n-announce-partnership-with-first-touch-games

Sounds good. :albion2:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
We are certainly up with the big boys now. Signing such deals at this particular time is commendable. Well done Albion!

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
I mean these deals always seem a bit cheapo to me, I know these games take in huge sums but sure we all took the piss out of Whoever it was who had angry birds on their shirt! (Everton?). This is only marginally better as at least they have a football themed game...

Score hero is ok though I suppose, would be good if they did an officially branded version.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I mean these deals always seem a bit cheapo to me, I know these games take in huge sums but sure we all took the piss out of Whoever it was who had angry birds on their shirt! (Everton?). This is only marginally better as at least they have a football themed game...

Score hero is ok though I suppose, would be good if they did an officially branded version.

Would agree if it was on our shirt, but:

"The agreement will see the mobile sports games developer become a prominent digital presence across the club’s official website and social media channels during the current campaign."

That's perfectly fine by me, and the international exposure is massive (and easy) with a popular mobile app/game developer onboard, a great thing for increasing our name recognition globally. More fans. More shirt sales. Higher profile. More funds. Bigger budget. More nice feels when you go to India or China and see kids in an Albion shirt.

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton

Nothing cheapo about games companies. Microsoft just bought Bethesda for 7.5 billion dollars!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/54233235

I’d much rather have game companies than gambling companies.

Or a boiler for a mascot!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-birmingham-45081943

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Never heard of ‘em. Are they sort of like US Gold, Melbourne House or Elite software?

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Not sure you can compare mobile gaming to the Bethesda deal, that's a bit of a stretch!

The biggest gaming sale was for the ownership of the mobiles games such as clash of clans for close to $10 billion. Mobile games make much more than console games, hence why the likes of Diablo, command and conquer and and the elder scrolls have mobile releases. Not to mention the pure success that was Pokemon GO.

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
The biggest gaming sale was for the ownership of the mobiles games such as clash of clans for close to $10 billion. Mobile games make much more than console games, hence why the likes of Diablo, command and conquer and and the elder scrolls have mobile releases. Not to mention the pure success that was Pokemon GO.

Thanks for answering on my behalf.

It’s bonkers how much the world spends on games...just bonkers.

I’ve spent 20 years making them on and off.

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
Thanks for answering on my behalf.

It’s bonkers how much the world spends on games...just bonkers.

I’ve spent 20 years making them on and off.

if anyone on here ever played CSR Racing on smartphone. I know several Brighton residents who are millionaires as a result of that game and boss alien studios subsequent sale.

I wasn’t one of them!

CSR was making £12m per month at the time of the main sale.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Mobile games are huge here and other countries within Asia. Outside of the obvious rich East Asian countries where consoles and PCs are common, most young people spend their life on smart phones whether at home, travelling or even it seems often at work. Second hand ones sold everywhere and often promoted at the way to play mobile games rather than communicate.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
It usually helps to have a good First Touch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here