Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Burst pipe, Burgess Hill

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
One of the water pipes near Burgess Hill Football Club burst this morning, leaving most of Burgess Hill and parts of Hassocks and Haywards Heath with no water. It has also caused 8 schools to close just as we have managed to get the kids back in.

I’m sure it must of been a main pipeline but with Burgess Hill looking to build thousands of extra homes I find it crazy how one burst pipe can cause so must disruption to thousands of people.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yep, no water here since about 10am.

Though as I came downstairs this morning to find water dripping from the kitchen ceiling and had already turned the stop cock off while I wait for a plumber to arrive, it doesn't make a lot of difference to me :rolleyes:

It's not me that's caused the district-wide water outage, to be clear :)

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I'm affected too in the very west of BH. Had water until 13.30 and now its just a trickle out of the tap.

Going to be tricky with 2 small kids this afternoon.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I live just up the road from the football ground - a lot of excavation and other emergency work going on beside the junior pitches next to BHTFC. Sure the huge amount of building work going on prepping for the new housing estate yards away is entirely coincidental [emoji849][emoji849]

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Is this all sorted now?

My parents have had no water all day. To be fair to SE Water, I called them at 9 this morning to say they wouldn’t be able to get to a collection point for bottled water (Mid 80’s, not driving) and by lunchtime water had been delivered to them.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I live just up the road from the football ground - a lot of excavation and other emergency work going on beside the junior pitches next to BHTFC. Sure the huge amount of building work going on prepping for the new housing estate yards away is entirely coincidental [emoji849][emoji849]

I too am in Burgess Hill, Dumbrills Close, and I had enough water for a shower before work but the wife and kids have been home all day with nothing. I expect schools will be closed tomorrow too.

I've just got back fro Parkview and there is plenty of bottled water available

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
20 minutes until midnight and still no water, absolutely disgusting, 3 kids under 8 and it looks like it could be another day off school tomorrow. Fuming....

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
7bf16cf292820f03bdd1ea7683e632c1.jpg

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Left one of our taps open by mistake.....water obviously came back on at some point in the night ����

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
My parents have had no water all day. To be fair to SE Water, I called them at 9 this morning to say they wouldn’t be able to get to a collection point for bottled water (Mid 80’s, not driving) and by lunchtime water had been delivered to them.

I used to work at a different water company and was part of the emergency team for responding to these events (bottled water hander outer). You would be amazed the amount of abuse that you get whilst doing it so massive respect to these guys - anything from a brief insult to full on assault or all the bottles being loaded in to vans and nicked.

A quick email to them to say the guys did a good job would go a long way

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I used to work at a different water company and was part of the emergency team for responding to these events (bottled water hander outer). You would be amazed the amount of abuse that you get whilst doing it so massive respect to these guys - anything from a brief insult to full on assault or all the bottles being loaded in to vans and nicked.

Yep the Q outside Sydney West last night for water at 6.30 was long and plenty of idiots moaning to people helping them out... does my head in

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill

I did drop a tweet to SE Water and they asked for the name of the person I spoke with. Must have been a tough day for them.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I know burgess hill school for girls and hurst college bought in hundreds of bottles of water from nearby supermarkets to ensure they could stay open .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here