Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] 10PM pub closing. what will people do ?

what will people do ?

• Drink less

Votes: 31 26.7%
  • go out earlier

Votes: 85 73.3%

• Total voters

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
When all pubs used to close at 10:30pm then 11pm every night, it just meant more power drinking as the shutters down deadline got closer.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Go out earlier, then all back to a mates house for more beers!

This is not what I would do, but can see it happening.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Start earlier !

But a lot of pubs I drink in close at 9.30/10 anyway so probably no real change. I've avoided 'town' drinking since COVID

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I didn't realise Covid was only transmittable from 22:01.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
sunday-thursday, no change. Fri-Sat, binge drinking. not really going to be any different is it.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Can’t speak for anyone else, but I shall carry on doing what I’m doing now.
Stay at home until we’re all back to normal

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
A complete nonsense of an idea but typical of Boris and his feeble minded chums. If pubs are spreading COVID close them until its safe if not leave them alone. If you had a working testing system you might know the answer to this and many other questions...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
A complete nonsense of an idea but typical of Boris and his feeble minded chums. If pubs are spreading COVID close them until its safe if not leave them alone. If you had a working testing system you might know the answer to this and many other questions...

I did see something recently that suggested only 5% of COVID cases could be traced back to 'hospitality' industry

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
images.jpg

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
When all pubs used to close at 10:30pm then 11pm every night, it just meant more power drinking as the shutters down deadline got closer.

Quite I don't get all the whining when I was a teenager the pubs closed at 11pm, there was none of this going round a mates to drink wine and gin from 8pm till 1030pm and then off to the pub until 4am

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I dont see it changing a thing. Just more utter Twaddle from this goverment. Plus its probably going to encourage more people going back to a mates house for a few beers after the pubs shut.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Quite I don't get all the whining when I was a teenager the pubs closed at 11pm, there was none of this going round a mates to drink wine and gin from 8pm till 1030pm and then off to the pub until 4am
In those days beer from the off licence or the jug bar was more expensive than buying it in the pub. We'd just go home, maybe listen to a couple of LPs, have a coffee and go to bed.
Nowadays, with a four pack costing about the same as a pint in the pub, we're never going to get back to those innocent times!

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Everyone will not only be drinking earlier. They will now all be leaving the pubs at the same time, rather than in staggered waves between 10 & 1. Upon leaving, having hammered it for the last hour, they'll definitely be in the best condition to make good decisions about social distancing and what to do next. They'll all just don masks and walk quietly home in groups of less than six.

If only we had nearly a hundred years evidence of the impact of limiting licensing hours, they could have taken it into account before making another haphazard decision to keep trying to look like they're in control of something that they have had no clue how to deal with at any point during the year.

This whole crisis has been an illustration of the need for evidence based policy formation unhindered by ideology, but we are as far from that as we have ever been.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here