Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Ulrika ka ka ka - 25 years ago today.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A happy thread - post your favourite clips here

[tweet]1308307543488372737[/tweet]

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Twas great foir the fiorst few years.

we printed loads of Eranu and Uvavu teeshirts @ JTG

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
All time great program. And it has aged well.
Which is more than I can say for Ulrika ka ka ka judging by her Instagram. She looks like she’s been smoked. Like Biltong.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Best comedy panel show of all time! Every week had me laughing until it hurt and I couldn't breathe.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
25 years ago shooting stars ! Back to the good old days when shows where based on who had talent rather than PC quota filling .

Bring back the 80’s television, far better than most of the rubbish on nowadays .

Yes I know shooting stars is 90’s !

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The dove from above was classic comedy. It shouldn't have been funny, but it was.

Ulrika at her best with Bob and Vic. Didn't she "have" one of them as well?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
25 years ago shooting stars ! Back to the good old days when shows where based on who had talent rather than PC quota filling .

Bring back the 80’s television, far better than most of the rubbish on nowadays .

It's all ****ing bonkers isn't it . . . . I know someone who didn't get a slot at Glastonbury a few yewars ago. because he wasn't a girl.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Please no, bring back 80s telly, are you f**king kidding me, Shooting Stars was a piss take of 80s quiz shows. Vic and Bob kicked the 80s into touch to set up 'not taking ourselves seriously' TV, often with left field guests like John Craven, Little and Large, Alvin Stardust, Russell Grant. It stuck these faces from the 80s and smothered them with nonsense. It was brilliant. That said I was 6 at the start of the 80s, 16 by the end, so might not have the same affection someone from an older vintage might have.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Please no, bring back 80s telly, are you f**king kidding me, Shooting Stars was a piss take of 80s quiz shows. Vic and Bob kicked the 80s into touch to set up 'not taking ourselves seriously' TV, often with left field guests like John Craven, Little and Large, Alvin Stardust, Russell Grant. It stuck these faces from the 80s and smothered them with nonsense. It was brilliant. That said I was 6 at the start of the 80s, 16 by the end, so might not have the same affection someone from an older vintage might have.

Whilst I agree with your point, everyone you've mentioned was 70's and washed up by 1982!

V&B and the fast show really did hit the spot, I don't think many if any have come close since, although now I'm getting on a bit, maybe its that tastes change with generations. I still find Viv & Bob funny.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Whilst I agree with your point, everyone you've mentioned was 70's and washed up by 1982!

V&B and the fast show really did hit the spot, I don't think many if any have come close since, although now I'm getting on a bit, maybe its that tastes change with generations. I still find Viv & Bob funny.
I've never warmed to Vic or found him remotely funny.
The clip above providing the exception that proves the rule.

Whereas I have always found Bob effortlessly funny in everything he's ever done.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here