Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Ulrika ka ka ka - 25 years ago today.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Shooting Stars was the highlight of the week's tv. Totally brilliant. It's still funny now. Big Night out, Families at War. I pretty much love everything they did together.

Was interesting how Vic started out as the "star" with Bob as the sidekick and playing other characters (Graham Lister being one of the greatest of all time) and quickly morphed into it being obvious that Bob was the true comedy genius.

Watched a YouTube compilation of all his Train Guy posts the other day and both me and the nipper were crying.

Special mention to Athletico Mince as well. "Warhammer!".

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I've never warmed to Vic or found him remotely funny.
The clip above providing the exception that proves the rule.

Whereas I have always found Bob effortlessly funny in everything he's ever done.
I do love Vic but you're right. "Effortlessly funny" describes Bob perfectly.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Seems this thread may be rather prophetic..........

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Disappointed when the Potato song was big back at the start of lockdown that they didn't do a CD full of George Dawes songs backed by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra TBH

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
I've never warmed to Vic or found him remotely funny.
The clip above providing the exception that proves the rule.

Whereas I have always found Bob effortlessly funny in everything he's ever done.

I find that's the same with many comedy double acts. One always seems more naturally funnier than the other. Eric funnier than Ernie, Ronnie Barker funnier than Corbett, Peter Cook funnier than Dudley Moore...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I find that's the same with many comedy double acts. One always seems more naturally funnier than the other. Eric funnier than Ernie, Ronnie Barker funnier than Corbett, Peter Cook funnier than Dudley Moore...

I think that was as much by design as anything else.

Vic appears to me to be always trying to better Bob who then off the cuff says about 4 words, starting the whole process again.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
I think that was as much by design as anything else.

Vic appears to me to be always trying to better Bob who then off the cuff says about 4 words, starting the whole process again.

Bob is one of my favourite people at the moment what with Train guy and the fishing with Paul Whitehouse series as well as a few appearances on Would I Lie To You. He should be a national treasure!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
As a 12 year old boy it was awesome and very much of it's time.

They'd have to over sanitize it now sadly. Much like Fast Show, Little Britain etc. (The later not being quite in the same league).

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Randomly, it was 27 years ago yesterday that The Smell of Reeves & Mortimer first shown on TV as well (and 24yrs to the day that Friends was first aired).

My flatmate used to watch friends with his girlfriend, in his room, not allowed on my TV. it was and remains utter shitehouse.

The Smeel of Reeves and MOrtimner was on occaision hillarious, I always remember a song which started

I like the smell of brown Leather
I like the smell, of Frank Boughs' wife Nesta

genius.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Randomly, it was 27 years ago yesterday that The Smell of Reeves & Mortimer first shown on TV as well (and 24yrs to the day that Friends was first aired).

I'm pretty sure Friends was a little earlier than that as I remember being at school, not getting why everyone loved it

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
My flatmate used to watch friends with his girlfriend, in his room, not allowed on my TV. it was and remains utter shitehouse.

The Smeel of Reeves and MOrtimner was on occaision hillarious, I always remember a song which started

I like the smell of brown Leather
I like the smell, of Frank Boughs' wife Nesta

genius.

:thumbsup:

(on both counts :lol:)

Iiii like the smell of manure,
I like the smell of the poor...
Iiii like the smell of Frank Muir, so!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here