Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] EFL Trophy - AFC Wimbledon v Brighton U21s

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Very poor show from the Albion. Not sure why the game has been switched to Crawley but our website says you can follow Twitter updates. Whereas you can actually pay Wimbledon for a stream.

https://www.afcwimbledon.co.uk/news/2020/september/live-watch-the-dons-versus-brighton-u-21s/

6pm kick off may put a lot off but still a good chance to support lower league teams
Not put off by kick off time, or by the £10 price tag - but I am put off by paying iFollow. Does anybody know how much of the tenner goes to the club(s)?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Not put off by kick off time, or by the £10 price tag - but I am put off by paying iFollow. Does anybody know how much of the tenner goes to the club(s)?

From the EFL

If you can’t make the game but still want to follow the live action then it’s not too late. Get an iFollow match pass from your club and enjoy the match from the comfort of your own screen for just £10.00. With at least 80% of iFollow net revenues going straight to your club, it’s a great way to show your support!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
From the EFL

If you can’t make the game but still want to follow the live action then it’s not too late. Get an iFollow match pass from your club and enjoy the match from the comfort of your own screen for just £10.00. With at least 80% of iFollow net revenues going straight to your club, it’s a great way to show your support!

Many thanks for that DS - I guess 80% is enough for me, so I'll look forward to watching.

Come on you (young) Seagulls!

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Unashamedly lifted from another clubs website, but this explains the distribution from iFollow to clubs both home and away;

Streaming Revenues
The way it works currently is that the home team keep all of the revenue for the tickets they sell through their own website and they also get the revenue for the first 500 that buy via the away team. For example: for Saturday’s game against Bolton, we sold 452 iFollow passes, (so we keep all of the revenue from those), and Bolton sold 2252 iFollow passes, (of which we get the revenue from the first 500).

This has put a very new aspect on the revenue that is available to clubs this season. Bolton made more money in gate receipts from our home fixture than we did because they had the revenue from 1,752 iFollow passes whereas we had the revenue from 952 iFollow passes. In normal times, we would have expected about £54,000 in home gate receipts from this fixture but we will receive just shy of £8,000, whereas Bolton would have expected about £600 for the 5% commission we pay them but will have received about £14,000 more than that.

We sold just over 300 streams for the away game against Bradford, so we earnt £0.00 for that away game and I expect that to be the case for every away game this season. So based on twenty three away games, Bolton look set to receive about £345,000 from the streaming of their away games this season whilst we can look forward to approximately £0.00.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Unashamedly lifted from another clubs website, but this explains the distribution from iFollow to clubs both home and away;

Streaming Revenues
The way it works currently is that the home team keep all of the revenue for the tickets they sell through their own website and they also get the revenue for the first 500 that buy via the away team. For example: for Saturday’s game against Bolton, we sold 452 iFollow passes, (so we keep all of the revenue from those), and Bolton sold 2252 iFollow passes, (of which we get the revenue from the first 500).

This has put a very new aspect on the revenue that is available to clubs this season. Bolton made more money in gate receipts from our home fixture than we did because they had the revenue from 1,752 iFollow passes whereas we had the revenue from 952 iFollow passes. In normal times, we would have expected about £54,000 in home gate receipts from this fixture but we will receive just shy of £8,000, whereas Bolton would have expected about £600 for the 5% commission we pay them but will have received about £14,000 more than that.

We sold just over 300 streams for the away game against Bradford, so we earnt £0.00 for that away game and I expect that to be the case for every away game this season. So based on twenty three away games, Bolton look set to receive about £345,000 from the streaming of their away games this season whilst we can look forward to approximately £0.00.

Games against us mean they get all the money as we don't stream them. Just checked and we do link to Wimbledon. If we did earlier then I apologise to them as I didn't see it.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Ryan Longman on loan so I assume he cannot play for Wimbledon or Albion tonight.

Look forward to seeing the team for tonight, it should give us an indication of what players will get to travel up with the first team to Preston.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Very poor show from the Albion. Not sure why the game has been switched to Crawley but our website says you can follow Twitter updates. Whereas you can actually pay Wimbledon for a stream.

https://www.afcwimbledon.co.uk/news/2020/september/live-watch-the-dons-versus-brighton-u-21s/

6pm kick off may put a lot off but still a good chance to support lower league teams

Why is it a poor show?

Under 21 teams dont play at home in the group stages of the EFL Trophy so the fact is being held at Crawley is on Wimbledon not the Albion.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Why is it a poor show?

Under 21 teams dont play at home in the group stages of the EFL Trophy so the fact is being held at Crawley is on Wimbledon not the Albion.

You completely misread my post. I said it was poor show that they didn't advertise the stream - nothing to do with the location. I later clarified that it was there - don't know if it was added or I missed it.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
as it appears to be pun day .... could be Ella'va debut in tonights game ...... OK I will leave quietly and sit in a dark corner in some dark dingy room somewhere else :p

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Rushworth

Packham Tsoungui Baluta Furlong

Vukoje Weir Crofts Leonard Cashman

Wilson

Subs: Desbois, Ella, Spong, Tanimowo, Turns, Everitt, Collyer.

No Gwargis, Roberts, Cochrane, Yapi or Jenks, implying these lads will be involved against Preston.

Still no sign of Tolaj.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Rushworth

Wilson

Subs: Desbois, Ella, Spong, Tanimowo, Turns, Everett, Collier.

No Gwargis, Roberts, Cochrane, Yapi or Jenks, implying these lads will be involved against Preston.

Still no sign of Tolaj.

Everyone looking busy so far. Not really getting into the Dons half as yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
So for those interested in random things like Squad Numbers, Sam Packham is actually 59, rather than the 94 he was listed with on the pre-match graphics. Baluta 68 rather than 28.

It's a 4-4-1-1/4-2-3-1 with Weir playing just behind Wilson. So Rushworth; Packham, Baluta, Tsoungui, Furlong; Leonard, Crofts, Vukoke, Weir, Cashman; Wilson.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I was just thinking how well Sam Packham was dealing with the Dons 37.

He then beats him and puts in a pin point cross to our back post.

0-1

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    405.9 KB · Views: 221

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
From the EFL

Net revenues means profits, so not a huge amount of that £10 would be my guess. But better than nothing

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
So for those interested in random things like Squad Numbers, Sam Packham is actually 59, rather than the 94 he was listed with on the pre-match graphics. Baluta 68 rather than 28.

It's a 4-4-1-1/4-2-3-1 with Weir playing just behind Wilson. So Rushworth; Packham, Baluta, Tsoungui, Furlong; Leonard, Crofts, Vukoke, Weir, Cashman; Wilson.

Thanks for this, been looking for the squad numbers,

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Rushworth

Wilson

Subs: Desbois, Ella, Spong, Tanimowo, Turns, Everitt, Collyer.

Still no sign of Tolaj.
No Sanders either - this is a pretty young side, isn't it (apart from the boy Crofts)?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here