Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] take pity on our local and National League Teams

So, its beginning to look like lockdown 2 is coming and the National League are considering not starting the competition now. How will the clubs survive? Take a look at the National League table today and you will see 15 of the 24 teams have in the past decade been league clubs. Amazingly, Chester, York, Darlington are even down one division (tier 6) from that.

How many will go under? Surely if any are to survive with no TV revenue like the EPL and EFL and no fans for the foreseeable, they need to be given special status?

Just imagine how close Albion came of that Amazing day we got a draw to stay up in Hereford back "in the days". No ground after Archer sold the crown jewels, we could so easily have gone out of existence ourselves. Look how far we've come.

So guys, im sure you will join me in wishing the clubs well and if you can, help in any small way, even if only buying a club lottery ticket. Hope you dont mind a plug but here is a good place to start: https://www.leweslocallottery.co.uk

So, its beginning to look like lockdown 2 is coming and the National League are considering not starting the competition now. How will the clubs survive? Take a look at the National League table today and you will see 15 of the 24 teams have in the past decade been league clubs. Amazingly, Chester, York, Darlington are even down one division (tier 6) from that.

How many will go under? Surely if any are to survive with no TV revenue like the EPL and EFL and no fans for the foreseeable, they need to be given special status?

Just imagine how close Albion came of that Amazing day we got a draw to stay up in Hereford back "in the days". No ground after Archer sold the crown jewels, we could so easily have gone out of existence ourselves. Look how far we've come.

So guys, im sure you will join me in wishing the clubs well and if you can, help in any small way, even if only buying a club lottery ticket. Hope you dont mind a plug but here is a good place to start: https://www.leweslocallottery.co.uk

Agreed and well said. It's definitely worth helping out the lower league clubs. They need it!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It's worth attending matches. You'll get the bug. And for how long it's happening we don't know.

I would big up Hawks, but following any local team is what's needed. Give it a try.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Already do. But getting the plastics out of their PL only viewing armchairs and off their Fifa20 consoles will take more than pity. It’ll take a miracle, because the simple truth is, they don’t care. There’s two different sports remember. Those that go. And those that don’t. The former is dwarfed by the latter...especially on national phone ins!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Love the occasional Hastings game when in the country, but I couldn't follow them every week alongside Albion. Maybe if had kids and the cost of getting to Brighton every week became more prohibitive but feel I'd end up skipping loads of Brighton games then, which I wouldn't want to do.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
From what I've read its a horrible league to play in. Almost EFL standard requirements when it comes to safety, pitch, floodlights etc., high travel costs and whatnot but not nearly the same income as you get if you reach League Two. No surprise they are struggling. Something was needed to be done to help these clubs and seemingly nothing happened. Sad really. AFAIK these clubs got expenses of £2m or so per year, meaning two Callum Wilsons would save them all... instead the league might be cancelled. Hardly impossible to solve if the government/FIFA/UEFA/PL/EFL would have bothered to do something.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here