Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] 58 billion vehicle miles driven - Care to guess where and when?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The South East region had the highest traffic levels in 2019, with 58 billion vehicle miles driven on its roads. This was 16% of all traffic in 2019.

The South East has 12% of road length in Great Britain.

https://roadtraffic.dft.gov.uk/regions/9

In 2019, 57.7 billion vehicle miles of traffic were travelled across the 30.1 thousand miles of roads in South East.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Based on count points and then inflated by using a formula so about as accurate as Dido Hardings test and trace app.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Is the answer to the original question 'cyclists'?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The South East region had the highest traffic levels in 2019, with 58 billion vehicle miles driven on its roads. This was 16% of all traffic in 2019.

The South East has 12% of road length in Great Britain.

https://roadtraffic.dft.gov.uk/regions/9

In 2019, 57.7 billion vehicle miles of traffic were travelled across the 30.1 thousand miles of roads in South East.

I wonder if this is why the standard of driving in the South East is the worst in Britain? The further north and west you go the driving gets better, more polite and less aggressive - on the other hand, the further south east (or possibly nearer London, which for most of the country is the same thing) you go ....... :facepalm:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I wonder if this is why the standard of driving in the South East is the worst in Britain? The further north and west you go the driving gets better, more polite and less aggressive - on the other hand, the further south east (or possibly nearer London, which for most of the country is the same thing) you go ....... :facepalm:

What a load of b0llocks!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

I spent 15 years driving aground the south east for work, I haven't spent enough time in other regions to make a true comparison but can definitely say the closer to central London you are the more aggressive everyone is.

I suspect there's a direct correlation with volume of traffic so there's probably something in what you say.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Based on count points and then inflated by using a formula so about as accurate aos Dido Hardings test and trace app.

Unless it proves something you believe to be true.

KLF

Albion Boleh!
Oct 27, 2004
Living next door to Gully
Are we meant to be shocked by that statistic?
I honestly dont know. It's the most populous area of the country, with the nation's capital, country's two major airports and sea ports of Felixstowe and Dover (the busiest container and passenger ports) not to mention Port of London. Quelle Surprise!

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

el punal

Blimey and someone was sat beside the road counting that lot...dedication or what

“Ready Doris? Right then, we’ve got 1,234,874, 1,234,875, 1,234,876 . . . oh f*** it! I’ve just spilt my tea all over the paperwork. What number were we on? What do you mean you can’t remember?” :cheers:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Well I've done over 8000 miles this year, nearly all commuting to work, probably 2000 or so on Lambrettas and the rest between mine and the wifes car. Irony being I could have worked from home a lot of the time and didn't really 'need' to be doing it. . . . .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here