Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andi Zeqiri (Now Signed)

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
shaqiri not in Liverpool squad tonight as due off somewhere ... could be the type of player we would go for ... maybe he can get corners past the first goalpost too ...

Hmm, if we had Shaqiri and Zeqiri in the team at the same time, I'd have to #PrayForWarren as confusion would no doubt abound! :lolol:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
shaqiri not in Liverpool squad tonight as due off somewhere ... could be the type of player we would go for ... maybe he can get corners past the first goalpost too ...

Don't think he is the type of player we go for tbh now we have Lallana. I do rate him but not something TB etc.. Does.

Swiss Andi is more our type of singing imo

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I’m excited by this if he’s our ‘fourth striker’ for this season. Far less so if he’s our third. Perhaps we really don’t have any money. A net transfer ‘gain’ of around £10M and a lot of big earners off the books would suggest so.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I’m excited by this if he’s our ‘fourth striker’ for this season. Far less so if he’s our third. Perhaps we really don’t have any money. A net transfer ‘gain’ of around £10M and a lot of big earners off the books would suggest so.

good way of thinking , my thoughts on this

If he's -

1st choice striker - apolectic at the thought
2nd choice striker- outraged at the thought
3rd choice striker - middling at the thought
4th choice striker - passable at the thought

but this is flipped and if hes

U23 - Pissed off

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I'd Eden a guess there's money available if needed.

Striker aside every decision that's been made has been completely justifiable.
I'd suggest this window would have planned out much the same even if the planet hadn't gone to shite.

As for the striker blind spot.
We can hardly blame Covid for the 14 previous windows of varying degrees of failure, so it seems harsh to blame it for this one.

It's the hope that kills us.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I see him as a third striker to compete with Connolly as our second striker. What is wrong with that? Would much rather have a young and hungry player with some potential than a dried up coming to the end of his career striker who we buy just to get guaranteed goals for a season or two. This is a signing for the future and who knows he might be ready quicker than we think. Seems a much better bet for progression than the likes of Wellbeck etc.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I see him as a third striker to compete with Connolly as our second striker. What is wrong with that? Would much rather have a young and hungry player with some potential than a dried up coming to the end of his career striker who we buy just to get guaranteed goals for a season or two. This is a signing for the future and who knows he might be ready quicker than we think. Seems a much better bet for progression than the likes of Wellbeck etc.

I agree with you. I'm expecting to see him in the first team squad before Xmas. Hungry, athletic, confident, knows where the net is. It doesn't matter that he comes from Swiss league 2: Vardy came from Fleetwood, and Ian Wright came from Sunday League...I think we'd be happy to have (had) either of those.
"Let's go, Andi, let's go!" ...ohhh, wrong sport.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Just because a striker doesn't cost 25 million doesn't mean to say he's bad , I wouldn't be surprised that Andone and even Locadia would have improved under Potters guidance and attacking system .

Potter wouldn't sign off on this guy if he didn't think he could improve our options so let's just wait and see before we throw him to the lions .

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
For years we've heard two refrains:

1. why don't we develop more youngsters
2. why don't we buy decent striker(s)

We also know that Brighton doesn't compete/can't compete on 'equal terms' with the big spenders. We have to find slightly different routes to success, based on finding value for money + some risk taking + a really strong development programme for younger players.

Under current circumstances, the numbers being spent on relatively inexperienced/unproven in the PL strikers are crazy. Value for money doesn't exist, the future is very uncertain, especially for clubs the size of Brighton. Would we really expect to see £30m spent on a championship striker or an unproven Spanish player?

Nope.

What we seem to be doing is spotting, and hoovering up, young strikers with potential. Odds are some will come good (and others will disappear). And our striker crisis will be solved.

Just need to hang on and hope that injuries don't get us in the meantime. But that's the gamble I guess!

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Just because a striker doesn't cost 25 million doesn't mean to say he's bad , I wouldn't be surprised that Andone and even Locadia would have improved under Potters guidance and attacking system .

Potter wouldn't sign off on this guy if he didn't think he could improve our options so let's just wait and see before we throw him to the lions .

Steady now, he's a coach not a miracle worker.

Happy with this signing, two footed, knows where the back of the net is, quick, strong, confident and only 21 isn't he. With the right mentality could do well under Potter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here