Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andi Zeqiri (Now Signed)

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
"How is someone destined for the U23's going to help with the current shortfall?" Its simple. Alzate, White, Connolly (striker btw), Mac Allister, Molumby were all signed and loaned out / placed in U23's and are all "helping with the current shortfall". Imagine if we hadn't signed these players and instead still needed to be replacing Stephens, Duffy, Murray - what would it cost to buy those players now? Would they even be available?

We won't go down this season because the club had the foresight to invest in the talent of these players several seasons ago - not to mention other young players like Lamptey, Bissouma, Webster at an early stage in their career - and in 2/3 years when the next crop come through we'll be thankful they were making these signings in 2020. I've no doubt people will still complain we are only making U23 signings at the same time as lauding the performances of one or more of Dendoncker, De Hecke, Elia, Zeqiri, Weir or whoever....

None of which is to dispute that everyone throughout the club and fans recognises that an extra, different, first-team striker would make us an even better team right now. Looking forward to seeing who we get.

This is the post equivalent to the game Mornington Crescent, where there’s utter nonsense spouted by everyone until someone finally says it and we all clap.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
"How is someone destined for the U23's going to help with the current shortfall?" Its simple. Alzate, White, Connolly (striker btw), Mac Allister, Molumby were all signed and loaned out / placed in U23's and are all "helping with the current shortfall". Imagine if we hadn't signed these players and instead still needed to be replacing Stephens, Duffy, Murray - what would it cost to buy those players now? Would they even be available?

We won't go down this season because the club had the foresight to invest in the talent of these players several seasons ago - not to mention other young players like Lamptey, Bissouma, Webster at an early stage in their career - and in 2/3 years when the next crop come through we'll be thankful they were making these signings in 2020. I've no doubt people will still complain we are only making U23 signings at the same time as lauding the performances of one or more of Dendoncker, De Hecke, Elia, Zeqiri, Weir or whoever....

None of which is to dispute that everyone throughout the club and fans recognises that an extra, different, first-team striker would make us an even better team right now. Looking forward to seeing who we get.

Not disagreeing with the U23 recruitment they are doing and how it benefits us in the future. It's the fact that we only currently have two recognised strikers one whom himself is a youngun that undoubtedly will need assistance if one or both suffer a loss of form or get injured. Maybe Ali or Trossard can step up and play the role but that is a massive gamble

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
This is the post equivalent to the game Mornington Crescent, where there’s utter nonsense spouted by everyone until someone finally says it and we all clap.

You cannot mention Mornington Crescent on a Monday in September without producing the photo of the oak tree.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
[tweet]1310511196466970624[/tweet]

I'd love to see the shirt holding photo today.

:albion2:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

That’s all well and good but b.w.2 says he still wants a striker.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Estimated to land at 17:44 [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is there a website i can check which airports fly to where ? Looking at getting a direct flight to Sarajevo next year?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Is there a website i can check which airports fly to where ? Looking at getting a direct flight to Sarajevo next year?

Doesn’t look like there is direct fella. To check airports like this I use skyscanner.net as you can search all UK.

So put UK as your start point and Sarajevo as destination, then one way, you can select direct only - then if you click on date field you can select a whole month.

It will then give you every flight to Sarajevo from each available UK airport in that whole month.

Checking it they are all at least 1 stop.

p.s she ain’t worth it!

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
too *late* to the party? I think our recruitment policy is centred around being extremely early...

I wonder what the current combined market value of Alzate, Bissouma, Connolly, White and Lamptey is, compared to what we spent to get them....

and imagine if our transfer policy was instead to sign big names for big amounts of money early in the transfer window..... and consequently who we would have complimenting those signings in the rest of the team? Resources are finite at Brighton, I don't think we can have all of an amazing youth recruitment and development system; state-of-the-art infrastructure and be able to outbid other premier league clubs on transfer fees, signing-on fees and wages. The last bit is nice and exciting in the here and now, but the first two bits will give us a high-quality club to support for the rest of our lives.

We all want that extra striker, fans, manager, team-mates, management and recruitment team - lets hope we can find the right one and land him.....

You make a really good point. And I do agree. Except, and it is a key exception. I really think we need to run a separate policy for strikers, and only strikers. We have almost always failed to land the striker we need. We have signed one good one in 4 PL seasons whilst casually watching the legend that is Muzza get older and less and less effective. The ah1t has now hit the fan. No more time for a slow-burn solution. Sorry, but that is how I see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
the window is STILL not closed, you soppy tart

The problem, which we can all see, has been with us for season after season, window after window, you clown [emoji1782]

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Doesn’t look like there is direct fella. To check airports like this I use skyscanner.net as you can search all UK.

So put UK as your start point and Sarajevo as destination, then one way, you can select direct only - then if you click on date field you can select a whole month.

It will then give you every flight to Sarajevo from each available UK airport in that whole month.

Checking it they are all at least 1 stop.

p.s she ain’t worth it!

I use Skyscanner. Thought there might be something else out there!!!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I use Skyscanner. Thought there might be something else out there!!!
Any chance you can carry this discussion onto PM or a new thread?

I keep thinking we have some news.

Whoops!
Sorry:p:p

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
You make a really good point. And I do agree. Except, and it is a key exception. I really think we need to run a separate policy for strikers, and only strikers. We have almost always failed to land the striker we need. We have signed one good one in 4 PL seasons whilst casually watching the legend that is Muzza get older and less and less effective. The ah1t has now hit the fan. No more time for a slow-burn solution. Sorry, but that is how I see it.

I don't deny that we should be trying to sign a striker, and I'm certain they are.

I do disagree that the shit has hit the fan, considering how well both Maupay and Connolly are playing. Connolly is a prime example of my point after all.

Still time bw, throw your toys out of the pram if deadline day passes and you're still unhappy, but it's premature now. Good moves can land late, Southampton signed Ings on deadline day 2018, and bad moves can happen early, like Huddersfield signing Mounie soon after they got promoted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here