Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] All happening in Coldean

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Six or seven cop cars, armed police on the street corner, an ambulance and several dogs. They've either cornered an armed robber/terrorist or found the Cup Final money

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It's Twyford Rd

Edit. sorry, Ingham Drive

Last edited:

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Was problems in that neck of the woods last week (I think). Some bloke roaming around the woods with a machete.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Oh that's why the helicopter is circling. Interesting start for the new students moving in to the area.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Upper lewes road, chopper been overhead an hour
e802c447b67c7c0c1f51e560ce825da2.jpg
14025a796842c54c8c5c5151305d2384.jpg

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'm more surprised that The Argus managed to get the story published within three days of the incident than it actually happening.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Typical police overreaction - bringing a helicopter to a knife fight.

Note sure why you'd think that?

Possible scenario: attacker stabs someone and runs off, using people's back gardens to avoid capture - stab victim dies, so becomes a murder case - cops on the ground can't find / catch murderer.
But, guess what, the chopper above can track [almost] his every move and guide ground forces to capture said murderer.

Can't imagine anyone seeing this scenario as an over-reaction - unless you happen to be an eye-witness and know it was hand-bags not knives ....

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003

Possible scenario: attacker stabs someone and runs off, using people's back gardens to avoid capture - stab victim dies, so becomes a murder case - cops on the ground can't find / catch murderer.
But, guess what, the chopper above can track [almost] his every move and guide ground forces to capture said murderer.

Can't imagine anyone seeing this scenario as an over-reaction - unless you happen to be an eye-witness and know it was hand-bags not knives ....

Hmmm .... I suspect you've not seen Sussex Police in action. Let's take about a year ago in Southwick, someone throwing their stuff out of their flat window. About 20 police plus armed units and a dog unit turned up. Ended up that it was someone being evicted yet it took the police nearly 4 hours of road closures to determine this and that there was no threat to anyone else ( bar possibly the bailiffs. ). There are loads of other examples as well.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley

I think its called Humour, its a saying thats been altered to fit the incident I think they call it a "joke"

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Rumour on the street (a Coldean street obviously) is that someone has been found who’d been imprisoned by someone else for a year or so in a domestic situation. I’m really not sure if there is any truth in it at all though.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
Rumour on the street (a Coldean street obviously) is that someone has been found who’d been imprisoned by someone else for a year or so in a domestic situation. I’m really not sure if there is any truth in it at all though.

Ohhhh ..... maybe it's [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] getting ready for his building work at the Amex.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here