Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] When are October fixture changes going to be announced

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i'd say its certainty there will be no fans in October, or November. December only an outside chance if theres a turn around in case rate.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'm less bothered than normal. Not like we have any trains or hotels to book, but would be nice to know that they will televise all games again in October.

I guess they will wait until the last minute though based on Government guidance. Hard to see any fans being allowed in October certainly.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Fuming about this - I've missed out on all the cheap train tickets to <BRB - off to check the fixture list to see what is coming up>

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I'm less bothered than normal. Not like we have any trains or hotels to book, but would be nice to know that they will televise all games again in October.

I guess they will wait until the last minute though based on Government guidance. Hard to see any fans being allowed in October certainly.
For me. I still have a life and have plans at the weekend so would be good to know what time and days these games will be on. Crazy this is so last minute.

Surely the teams need to know to plan this all out as well.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
For me. I still have a life and have plans at the weekend so would be good to know what time and days these games will be on. Crazy this is so last minute.

Have you asked Boris to confirm lockdown plans for October?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Fuming about this - I've missed out on all the cheap train tickets to <BRB - off to check the fixture list to see what is coming up>

Actually this does raise a bit of an interesting point. Usually I know who we've got in our next 4-5 games, but right now I don't feel I know our fixtures at all beyond the Everton game at the end of next week (and I only found that out because of the thoughts about Bissouma's 3 game ban). It almost feels like it doesn't matter quite so much when we're playing who, especially as they're all on TV. Anyone else?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Surrrrrrely it won't be a full lockdown

That's a seriously depressing thought.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Unlikely but a sports lockdown, that has to be a real possibility. Equally depressing eh?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Actually this does raise a bit of an interesting point. Usually I know who we've got in our next 4-5 games, but right now I don't feel I know our fixtures at all beyond the Everton game at the end of next week (and I only found that out because of the thoughts about Bissouma's 3 game ban). It almost feels like it doesn't matter quite so much when we're playing who, especially as they're all on TV. Anyone else?

Absolutely - very much the same, yes.

When I made that post above - and I wasn't joking - the same thought struck me.

Until Bissouma was sent off*, I didn't know any upcoming fixtures other than United next and Palace at some time in October.

(* - I then went to check which games he may miss depending on our Carabao Cup exploits)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Unlikely but a sports lockdown, that has to be a real possibility. Equally depressing eh?

I can't see that as being imminent, under the two scenarios that I believe could make that happen...

1. We reach the stage where so many players are infected and having to sit out that the integrity of the competition is seriously compromised.
2. The government tell sport to stop for <insert reason here>.

As we look likely to have more restrictions rather than fewer, I can't see 2 above coming about since there does seem to be an ongoing appreciation that having sport, including football, to watch at least gives people something to do when many other options are unavailable.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Yep. Normally by now I'd have bought tickets for away games up to two months away, possibly booked the odd hotel stay around it. Now beyond Man Utd I don't really plan around it. I guess if something was planned at the weekend I would check it wasn't clashing with me sat in front of the tv but nonetheless my commitment is much less to the point where I generally don't even watch the build up now. Sit down a few mins before kick off, leave to do something else before the managers are interviewed.

Has made me realise how much of my spare time I spent supporting the seagulls. May find it hard to go back to going to every away game again I suspect as other thing take priority now.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Yep. Normally by now I'd have bought tickets for away games up to two months away, possibly booked the odd hotel stay around it. Now beyond Man Utd I don't really plan around it. I guess if something was planned at the weekend I would check it wasn't clashing with me sat in front of the tv but nonetheless my commitment is much less to the point where I generally don't even watch the build up now. Sit down a few mins before kick off, leave to do something else before the managers are interviewed.

Has made me realise how much of my spare time I spent supporting the seagulls. May find it hard to go back to going to every away game again I suspect as other thing take priority now.

Been having same thoughts. Living in Dorset, every game (bar Southampton A now we have lost Bournemouth) is 5+ hours' travel, i.e. a full day out. I hate to say it but there is bit of me that has rather reluctantly gotta say this is not bad deal: 20+ extra days pa to do useful/enjoyable things. Miss the social side of meeting friends for a couple of beers but the time and cost saving is substantial. Closed doors for every other match would be a fine balance.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

A full, nationwide lockdown in October must be odds-on by now. Certainly for half-term. Possibly two weeks around half-term.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It all depends on Covid, doesn't it..........and the football authorities don't seem to have thought about putting anything into the rules for this season. What if a club can't put out a team because they're all (or a significantly large section) required by law to self isolate so can't play the match. This looks like a very likely situation in the not too distant future, so:
a). Is the match postponed, to be slotted in to the crowded schedule later?
b). Does the club that can't put out a team because of Covid have to forfeit the match - and if so, is the other team awarded 3 points, 1 point, or is the game just voided?
c). In the case of cup matches, does the unaffected team just get a bye to the next round?
or d). Have the relevant authorities just put their fingers in their ears and gone 'Nah, nah, nah, nah'?
or e). (if d applies) will they just make random decision on 'does this affect a big club or a lesser one that doesn't matter so much' basis?

I know where my money would go ..........................................

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Going without foot in April and May is one thing, but in the depths dark autumn and winter, that would be bloody awful

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here