Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] £ 10 To Watch Preston v Brighton - Caribao Cup Live.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
When I consider how much it used to cost to travel to the far north, pay for match ticket, food, drink etc, £ 10 seems like money well spent?
https://carabaocup.live

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Hopefully some of that money will go to the clubs rather than just into a carabao cup kitty.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Must win game, only so that Biss is available for Everton

So is he out for 3 matches which we can use two in the Carabou if we beat Preston? I hadn't realised this, a bit of a result all round if that's the case as 3 missed PL matches could have cost us dear.

Note to FA though - he was never going to play and you might want to modify these rules as that is a bit bonkers :)

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
So is he out for 3 matches which we can use two in the Carabou if we beat Preston? I hadn't realised this, a bit of a result all round if that's the case as 3 missed PL matches could have cost us dear.

Note to FA though - he was never going to play and you might want to modify these rules as that is a bit bonkers :)

Suspensions count for EFL cup, FA cup and premier league.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
For League Cup games in the last 2 rounds, if you singed up on the club websites of the Football League clubs involved the clubs get all the money.
The third round games, the EFL. have blocked the club websites and you can only now watch through their Carabaocup site.

The clubs get zero money as a result.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Suspensions count for EFL cup, FA cup and premier league.

Thought it was only red card suspensions that applied across all competitions, whereas yellow card totting up suspensions only apply to competition in which the limit was reached.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
For League Cup games in the last 2 rounds, if you singed up on the club websites of the Football League clubs involved the clubs get all the money.
The third round games, the EFL. have blocked the club websites and you can only now watch through their Carabaocup site.

Completely untrue.

https://www.efl.com/news/2020/september/carabao-cup-matches-available-to-watch-live/

Fixtures that are not scheduled for TV will be streamed online on the following basis in the UK only:

EFL Club vs EFL Club – streamed on iFollow or club equivalent service
EFL Club vs Premier League Club – streamed on carabaocup.live
Premier League Club vs Premier League Club – streamed on carabaocup.live
Matches will be available to purchase on an individual match pass price of £10. Season ticket holders will be required to purchase a match pass for Carabao Cup fixtures.

From the Carabao Cup Quarter-Finals onwards, all matches will be broadcast live on Sky Sports.

Streaming is not available internationally however 29 matches are made available across the competition to the EFL’s overseas broadcast partners.

The streaming of Carabao Cup matches is a temporary measure that has been put in place whilst Clubs operate at a zero or reduced capacity as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and will be subject to regular review.

Revenue generated from streaming Carabao Cup matches is split 50-50 between the Clubs involved. This would be the same as if fans were able to attend the match in person.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes

My problem is not the £10 but whether the tech. will actually work. If it's effectively untried until this round how do we know it'll work? I get worked up enough watching the team on TV, if I get loads of buffering etc. I'll probably explode!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
My problem is not the £10 but whether the tech. will actually work. If it's effectively untried until this round how do we know it'll work? I get worked up enough watching the team on TV, if I get loads of buffering etc. I'll probably explode!

Pretty sure some of the previous rounds that weren't on TV were streamed though that site already.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

I believe it was tried in the previous round, for the non-televised games. Heard a few reports that the streaming software was pretty ropey, which as you say is always the problem!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Good!

In which case I'll treat it as a worthy (albeit tiny) donation towards two football clubs hit by revenue losses through Covid.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Such a shame that Lawro doesn’t have to make a prediction on this one. I am 100% certain he’d go for his first love - PNE!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here