Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stephens to Burnley (deal now confirmed)

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
1d353de6d20ffd0ae9ccec4d0f510a2d.jpg
perhaps due to his outstanding service, the club are taking a hit on this one?

Don't forget the possible 2 million in wages we may save.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

I found this picture more upsetting than I thought I would.

That’s two very good seasons he could potentially have for a possible top 10 team for about £1m. Seems very low.

Fulham paid us more for Knocky on loan for a year in the Championship than that!

Like Duffy (and Veltman at Ajax), perhaps due to his outstanding service, the club are taking a hit on this one?

Same here. An essential member of our squad for 6 years.

I know it's the right move all round, but it will sadden me to see him turn out for another Prem club.
It will be an interesting match up between him and Biss on November 7th.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Same here. An essential member of our squad for 6 years.

I know it's the right move all round, but it will sadden me to see him turn out for another Prem club.
It will be an interesting match up between him and Biss on November 7th.

I am going for a sending off during that game

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Doh! My comment was a parody of the oft ill-informed comments on Burnley and the surrounding area... never mind, I’ll leave comedy for Propper comedians... :D

Bloody typical, no sooner is Stephens out the door, than you're having a pop at Propper :wink:

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box

I found this picture more upsetting than I thought I would.

That’s two very good seasons he could potentially have for a possible top 10 team for about £1m. Seems very low.

Fulham paid us more for Knocky on loan for a year in the Championship than that!

Like Duffy (and Veltman at Ajax), perhaps due to his outstanding service, the club are taking a hit on this one?

I'm assuming it was part of a deal agree between player and club(s) when he originally wanted to leave and we 'refused' his transfer request.

I imagine Tony asked for a couple more seasons in exchange for a smooth & cheap handover X days before the window closed as we have seen now.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Doh! My comment was a parody of the oft ill-informed comments on Burnley and the surrounding area... never mind, I’ll leave comedy for Propper comedians... :D
You had all the right words for a joke. But not necessarily in the right order. I'll give you that.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Haven't read through much of this. Guessing several people have already made a crack about it being a sideways move

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here