Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stephens to Burnley (deal now confirmed)

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
On a separate note it will be interesting to see how Dyche gets on under potentially a new regime.

Expectations will certainly rise and there will be money to spend which he won’t be used to

Yes, new owners often come with ideas of grandeur but really they’d be better off continuing with Dyche in the medium term.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Sickening to see Albion fans slagging him off imo. Hang your heads in shame.

It's just weird how happy some fans are when things go badly for Hughton, Murray, Knockaert, Duffy, Stephens, Kayal, etc.
All did a great job, seemingly all were no problems to us yet treated shittily. Almost certainly but the same fans who'd complain about ex- players and managers not treating us with enough respect

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yes. He’d actually started really well.

Sourness made such a ‘thing’ about it, at the time I was convinced it influenced the FA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep - without question only happened because of media pundits and it being the only game that day. Classic inconsistency bollocks. Yet that proper stamp by Joey Barton on Kayal in the Championship - nah you’re ok mate.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's just weird how happy some fans are when things go badly for Hughton, Murray, Knockaert, Duffy, Stephens, Kayal, etc.
All did a great job, seemingly all were no problems to us yet treated shittily. Almost certainly but the same fans who'd complain about ex- players and managers not treating us with enough respect

As well as Baldock.

They’re written about as if they did a Buckley or Bridcutt, some NSC’ers revelling in their post Albion setbacks or decline.

Weird and spiteful.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Hughton, Murray and Kayal? Do fans slag these players off?

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box

Just don't see it. Even with those who 'left under a cloud'. The same people who slagged them off when they were here, slag them off now they are gone, but I really don't see the general feeling for any of our ex-players/managers changing from how they were viewed before leaving.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The Burnley fans do not rate him and think that they were robbed of £1 million.

See, all clubs are the same, give the guy a game and a bit and write him off as shit. NSC is a bit more decisive though, 15 mins is enough to form an opinion you’ll never change

Imo, he is absolutely perfect for the way Burnley play and will become a fixture when fit and a few games.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
See, all clubs are the same, give the guy a game and a bit and write him off as shit. NSC is a bit more decisive though, 15 mins is enough to form an opinion you’ll never change

Imo, he is absolutely perfect for the way Burnley play and will become a fixture when fit and a few games.

Much as he deserves a run with Burnley, as a reward for how much he did with us for so many years, I can't see it happening.

It seems that we just use the best of the players ability and then cast them aside, sometimes even making money on the deal, like with Stephens.

Murray, Stephens, Mooy, Duffy (yes, I know it's only a loan).

And, I have noticed this has been going on a while. Goldson, Stockdale, Ulloa, Bridcutt, Buckley.

It's almost as if we've turned from decades of being a small, passionate, hopeful but ultimately struggling club to a hard nosed, driven and successful club. I'm still struggling to put my finger on why this happened, but I'm loving it :wink:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Agree.

Good player. Burnley is a good move for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

I'm not so sure. Burnley don't actually need midfielders apart from for winning the ball back at times. And we all know Dale has timing issues with his tackling.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I'm not so sure. Burnley don't actually need midfielders apart from for winning the ball back at times. And we all know Dale has timing issues with his tackling.

Bit harsh and debatable. I can remember him being sent off twice, both of which caused debate, particularly Middlesbrough (which remains ridiculous IMO).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here