Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stephens to Burnley (deal now confirmed)

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
We have lost some very experienced players in this window. Duffy, Murray, Montoya and Stephens. Effectively replaced by White, Lallana, Veltman and.........................???

Oh I don't know Lamptey maybe, with Molumby on his way up, not to forget improvements in AC and SA, oh then we have argie mac, and of course no doubt you are discounting Ali J who by all metrics did a better job last season than Murray. The squad has never been stronger. Your point is?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Pretty much NONE of the Burnley squad live around Burnley, though, obviously.

This is why Ashley Barnes and Ashley Westwood run a mini-bus service* (genuinely) from Alderley Edge (?) to take them all into training.

*or at least they did before social distancing rules were invented.

I think it's Hale rather than Alderley Edge, but certainly all the Burnley players are Cheshire set residents.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Dale. Another high earner off the pay roll. ... And we can’t afford to have a player on 45-50k a week not even in the match day squad.

Every week this season - if players stay fit - we'll have around half a dozen players on very good wages who won't be in the match day squad because there's no room for them.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The Athletic reporting it as a done deal.

£1m rising to £2.5m. 2 year contract.

Subject to medical.

Stephens not playing tonight. (Although it's a shame as he isn't far away :lolol:)

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Really sad about this. I think we will miss him this year not least as injuries / dips in form and suspensions hit.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Cheers Dale, fantastic service to our club, good luck at Burnley, not against us obviously :D

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Dyche confirmed it’s all basically done now and he expects Dale to sign tomorrow.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Has he gone yet?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here