Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Was it a red for Bissouma?

What card would you show Bissouma?

• Red

Votes: 305 79.4%
  • Yellow

Votes: 79 20.6%

• Total voters

yes not malicious but reckless, similar to one for Ulloa a few years ago I think

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Did the ref have the same view as this video? I can’t remember the position of the ref when the incident happened.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I struggle with Red cards that a clearly accidental.. but under the rules technically it’s a red

I’m more concerned with these terrible hand ball pens being given ruining the game

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Can’t think of a situation where you stud a player standing up in the face and it’s not a red.

There’s no doubt it was an accident but it was dangerous

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Given how Newcastle had been thugs all game and didn’t get a red card for anyone it was fecking outrageous that Bissouma got sent off for a foul he didn’t even intend

If he played for a top six team there is no way he would have got a red imo

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
dangerous, end of.
intent is not a measure of dangerous play.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I'd give it a red but had it been a yellow I'm sure plenty would've understood that too.
Thought the decision to not book Almiron for that dive in our box was a joke though. Even Almiron was sniggering about it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd give it a red but had it been a yellow I'm sure plenty would've understood that too.
Thought the decision to not book Almiron for that dive in our box was a joke though. Even Almiron was sniggering about it.

There were a number of occasions when Friend bottled decisions

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The bald thug should have seen red for a reckless challenge on the pocket rocket. Intent to hurt was there to see. We need to get In the refs face for that showing outrage and calling for a policemen just like others do.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
It was an accident but still a red. But what is obvious is as soon as ref is called to review on VAR they are immediately under pressure to change their decision, as happened with the ridiculous penalty given to palace yesterday

Ref sees it, calls it and then someone in the control centre says.

"Hmmm why don't you just have another look at that"

Clearly the imposition is another ref thinks you got it wrong, so it's march harder for ref to stick with their conviction and easier to simply acquiesce to the VAR challenging his original decision.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I saw in the matchday thread the mention of overhead kicks - they are covered by the laws and only permitted when it is safe to do so. I'm sure I've seen free kicks given when they are tried and it's not safe to do so.

Bis has raised his foot high (a dangerous action), without looking (not showing any due concern to opponent safety). In the modern game, always will be a red.

It does feel incredibly unfair, though, that the deliberate, albeit more controlled, fouls of our players weren't met with similar sendings off.

Personally, I'm of the opinion that any deliberate breaking of the laws of the game, however minor or far from goal, should always be a red. But I doubt that would be popular with the 'it's a man's game!' type of fan who like a bit of rough in the game, like players to let their opponents know they're in a game or get whatever edge they can get if the ref doesn't spot it.

EDIT: Also, that's not sweet chin music. He's not sideways on, he doesn't even tune up the band first!

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
If it was round the other way and a Newcastle player then we would have been screaming for a red, even though clearly not meant it was the correct decision

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here