Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly March

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I suspect Solly will find more space to operate in during the rest of the season as opposition teams become more fixated on nullifying Lamptey.

The way he has been hacked down from various players in both games so far, he’ll be very lucky not to sustain a nasty injury. I am still pissed off that Biss went off for a foul he never intended whereas that thug Shelvey had every intention to injure Lamptey and stayed on the pitch. Lamptey was targeted for crunching tackles wasn’t he?

You can rely on Managers telling their players to “get” Lamptey as his stock improves, sadly

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
The way he has been hacked down from various players in both games so far, he’ll be very lucky not to sustain a nasty injury. I am still pissed off that Biss went off for a foul he never intended whereas that thug Shelvey had every intention to injure Lamptey and stayed on the pitch. Lamptey was targeted for crunching tackles wasn’t he?

You can rely on Managers telling their players to “get” Lamptey as his stock improves, sadly

They will have to catch him first

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Well, no. As you made the comment about him being gutted Lamptey was playing so well. That does not make him look bad, but people are not seeing how well he is playing because of Lamptey. Which is crazy.

I made a joke that given how Solly is perceived by many, it's sod's law that when he's looking in really good nick, most of the attention is being paid to the fella on the other side of the pitch.

Sorry it passed you by. I'll use a smilie or something next time to help the hard of thinking. :thumbsup:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

That came down to experience on how to kick a player up in the air and get away with it, Biss used naivety and got punished for it.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Who gives a toss if it were a joke or not?!

Back to Solly March. Good performance again. Seems more confident in the LWB position. He really does have a nice 1st touch. Way too good to sell as surplus to requirements. Hopefully the Lamptey performances are giving him a standard to compete with. Hoping March becomes our number 1 LWB for along time now.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I've been saying for bloody ages that Solly would be a great left wing back. His play is perfect for it. So pleased he is getting an extended run in that position now. Hope Potter sticks with it.

I agree he's been doing really well. It seems obvious that this is GP's preferred way of playing and Solly has the chance of making that LWB berth his own this season.

I still think he could be more dangerous with the final stages of his moves. If we had two wing backs fizzing crosses into the box, or winning penalties, or finding the net, we'd be even more of a nightmare to play against than we proved to be yesterday. I suppose the benchmark is Robertson/Alexander-Arnold at LFC.

We all know Solly can do those things, but it would be great to see it happen more often.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
The commentator made the point about Solly being versatile and slotting into the midfield seamlessly when we changed formation.

His versatility is a key attribute nd will see him stay at the club for a good while yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here