Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly March

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Absolutely quality yet again. Really looks comfortable in that LWB position. He's faster than he gets credit for, better on the ball than he gets credit for and gives his all. I know that he divides opinion but today he was excellent. Fair enough White and Lamptey will get the headlines but nobody was bad today. The whole backline especially were solid as a rock.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Did well defensively, bit meh on the ball in advanced positions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I still wince a bit when he gets the ball, but he was cool calm and collected. Understated but generally lovely.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Though he was great today - thought he wasn’t as impressive v Chelsea but looking on here it seems many did. We still need a LWB / LB for sure though - even if it’s competition for Solly, as GP doesn’t rate Bernardo. Likewise a taller, different striker. It works so well sometimes with the 2 terriers up front - our last 2 away games are 6 points and brilliant examples, but we still need to address these areas for me.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Very good again, definately his best position and the system and tractics suit his game.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Solly understands what Potter wants from a technical view point and also provides a good balance and helps maintain the shape of the side.
I'm beginning to think that he could well make the left-wing back position his own for the next few seasons.

Very encouraging performances so far. He certainly looked better than Jamal Lewis.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Did well, and actually with Lamptey bombing down the right, I wonder if it might be helpful to have someone slightly less advanced on the left, in case the central defenders get caught up the pitch; there was one point when he was the last man back and stopped an attack in the first half. We looked less solid in defence when he had to move after Lamptey came off, as well as Dan Burn played at left back.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Solly understands what Potter wants from a technical view point and also provides a good balance and helps maintain the shape of the side.
I'm beginning to think that he could well make the left-wing back position his own for the next few seasons.

Very encouraging performances so far. He certainly looked better than Jamal Lewis.

Ah but Martin, he didn't have Tariq Lampty coming at him, what a prospect

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Has to be absolutely gutted that when he appears to be in the form of his life, Tariq bloody Lamptey has popped up on the other side.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I’m still struggling to see what more people want from him. He isn’t Lamptey, obviously, but he’s more than solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Has to be absolutely gutted that when he appears to be in the form of his life, Tariq bloody Lamptey has popped up on the other side.

Knowing Solly, he is probably chuffed to bits because when he reads NSC, he will actually feel loved by 50% of its members, because the 1st two
games of the season he has performed brilliantly and nobody is slagging him off.
Playing like a new signing and IMHO the best form of his Albion career

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here