Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The three promoted teams

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
...have conceded 22 goals between them after the second round of fixtures :ohmy:

This season could see some record high numbers in the 'goals against' column at this rate.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Leeds certainly providing entertainment to the (armchair) PL fans

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Backed al three to return to the Championship.
Leeds look good going forward, but, they just can’t defend, they won’t outscore enough seasoned PL teams to negate their awful defence. Even Fulham put 3 past them.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Early days...................... the top three of the Chump > Luton Reading Bournmuff that will not last I hope, three of my most desirable for relegation!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Pretty sure Leeds will have enough to stay up but believe they’ve spent a lot of money compared to them other 2. Admittedly they needed to, as without Ben White Leeds’ probably had the worst squad out the 3, he was that big a player for them.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Pretty sure Leeds will have enough to stay up but believe they’ve spent a lot of money compared to them other 2. Admittedly they needed to, as without Ben White Leeds’ probably had the worst squad out the 3, he was that big a player for them.

So far....and it's very very early, but Rodrigo looks bang average. Certainly not 36 million + 100kpw

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Looks like Leeds have the same philosophy as Worzel's Blackpool, didn't work for him.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Leeds look good going forward, but, they just can’t defend, they won’t outscore enough seasoned PL teams to negate their awful defence. Even Fulham put 3 past them.

It's not the worst bet in the world, what odds was that?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

I would imagine Leeds opening game against Liverpool would have been even more of a disaster had Liverpool hit form!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Leeds remind me of Huddersfield. Might last a season with this ludicrously gung-ho style but utterly ****ed if they stop scoring at any point. Their defence is dreadful.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Apparently Bielsa “made” White, so surely he can “make” another couple of CBs, surely? :D

Quite often teams come up and either
a) Crap because they haven’t strengthened or simply aren’t that good.
b) Do well as other teams don’t “know” them, then other clubs “figure them out” and they start struggling - often this comes in 2nd season (arguably with Hughton too) and they start to struggle - I suspect this will happen to Sheffield Utd. Then it’s down to these clubs to recruit well with good management and how good the coach really actually is..

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The promoted 3 all lack quality in defence. I'm confident Fulham and WBA will go down, but there is always one side you wouldn't expect who gets sucked in. Could be Burnley, West Ham, Sheff Utd, Newcastle, Southampton. Right now I feel confident we have enough quality to achieve our highest Prem finish.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
The promoted 3 all lack quality in defence. I'm confident Fulham and WBA will go down, but there is always one side you wouldn't expect who gets sucked in. Could be Burnley, West Ham, Sheff Utd, Newcastle, Southampton. Right now I feel confident we have enough quality to achieve our highest Prem finish.

Teams that stay up have very solid defences. The problem for free scoring teams that get promoted is that their defences are never tested until the first game in the premier. By then it’s too late.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Leeds remind me of Huddersfield. Might last a season with this ludicrously gung-ho style but utterly ****ed if they stop scoring at any point. Their defence is dreadful.

Bielsa says he wont stay beyond this season as well, so even if they survive this year.....there's always next.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here