Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What I Learned Today

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I learned a nice big bullocking forward would be a fine piece to have with Maupay, Connolly and Trossard buzzing around him.

Means we could occasionally lump it up forward and have those nippy types causing chaos with the loose balls.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It was ‘only’ Newcastle and even ignoring the goals, I thought Maupay had a near perfect game. What he does in terms of scoring is as important as what he does off it / contributing to the team

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I think March after Bissouma is our hardest player to move off the ball. Sure he doesn't have tricks but he's quite physical in his play so no easy balls around him.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
It doesn’t upset me. I find it amusing that keyboard warriors think that certain players are shit, yet the manger (who everyone seems to think is doing an outstanding job) thinks differently.

I think I know who knows what they are doing/talking about. But do carry on please.

Why can it not be that Potter knows we don't have the answer at the club and March is a best answer until we get soemone? That I totally agree with. What I'm saying is I think it's clear we've been trying to get an LWB all summer and if March was the answer we wouldn't be looking for one. And on that I agree too.

But thanks for your comments... yours have as much value as mine :)

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Hmmm....re: March I did say he did nothing wrong and I am not criticising him. I just don't think he is the answer. Ideally I want two LWBs who can defend and attack and at the moment we don't have it nor do we have the time to wait for March who may become one. March as back up fine but we need a bit more.

We do wear blue and white striped sunglasses sometimes :)

You said March isn't an upgrade on Bong. Bong would stand no hope in a LWB position, his crossing is atrocious and he doesn't have the pace. March is far superior in every facet of his game.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
It doesn’t upset me. I find it amusing that keyboard warriors think that certain players are shit, yet the manger (who everyone seems to think is doing an outstanding job) thinks differently.

I think I know who knows what they are doing/talking about. But do carry on please.

Carry on ? Gladly

Keyboard warriors? Grow up ffs

I don’t think March is shit and didn’t say that , as for Potter he has to pick his best LWB as his disposal , and ..... you guessed right , it’s March , as Bernardo showed against Pompey he’s not good enough

The club through the media like Naylor have maintained they would like to strengthen that position , maybe just maybe the manager knows his options there are limited

March defensively did very well , but in our system the LWB needs to show a bit more going forward .

I don’t think that’s harsh , just how it is . And if we are serious about a top 10 finish then every position , particularly LWB needs to be looked at

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I think March did fine, he takes less risks than some players and works really hard for the team.

What would be exciting is having is having someone with Lampteys pace down the left. Imagine the damage we could do with blistering pace down both flanks.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Biss was a silly boy who will learn, Lamptey needs to learn to bounce, White is quality and never write off our strikers, ps Graham Potter is brilliant at winning 0-3 away from home on the first away game of the season

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
5) March.... meh. Did nothing wrong at LWB but didn't do anything right either. Not an upgrade on Bong really hope he's growing. Looked much better on the right. Still think we need a LWB and another SC and then we'll be really scary!

Did nothing wrong - but did nothing right either. I take it he wasn't in the team then...............

Talk about mealy-mouthed.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think the main thing I learned is that Ben White can play right back, and continued making those forward runs that Lamptey made. This is important because the chances of Lamptey picking up an injury at some stage is very high.

Re Solly March - I think he held Manquillo in check, I think he has linked well with Webster and Alzate, physically he looks stronger, and as one of our longer serving players he is vocal and just plays smart. I don't think he gave the ball away once today.

Yes, he isn't Lamptey but he is keeping Bernardo out of the team on merit.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I learned that Newcastle have not scored against us at St James' in the Premier league, and that in a game where every Brighton player does well, some on NSC will have a moan about Solly March not being Tariq Lamptey.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It would be great to have another Tariq Lamptey, but come on!
Most Premier League clubs would like to have 1 Tariq Lamptey in their squads.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Good analysis? The OP was mostly a statement of the obvious and wrong about March.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I thought that was March’s best game he has played in this division.
......as a wholly defensive left back yes.... provides virtually nothing in an attacking sense, which even Bong and Burn have done before him. Weak link, and will serve only to add more pressure on Lamptey on the right as our playmakers use his side as a preference.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015

Yep, you do need a rest from NSC.... it's not for you. This forum is famous for its variety of alternate opinions on players and tactics..... you might say that is it modus operandi.... or am I just stating the obvious? Duoh!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here