Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What I Learned Today

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
... from an 'almost' perfect performance.

1) Tariq terrifies teams!!! Can't remember when we had player like that. Non even Wardie in the old League 1. Think he only went off as a precaution but needs to be kept in cotton wool. MOM just for the time he was on the field by a mile!

2) The defence looks rock solid. Maty seems to be even getting confidence to come off his line for crosses now! :)

3) White can play all over the place. We looked really solid with Ben on the right,

4) Bissouma and Alzate have the making of a great partnership if Bissouma can get rid of the those crazy moments in the game..... nightmare image of last year when Andone got sent off when we looked fantastic and everything went off keel after. Hope it doesn't with the ban Yves is facing.

5) March.... meh. Did nothing wrong at LWB but didn't do anything right either. Not an upgrade on Bong really hope he's growing. Looked much better on the right. Still think we need a LWB and another SC and then we'll be really scary!

6) Maupay was a menace and Connolly continues to improve... but we are still thin there.

Great day, Bissouma going nutty withstanding.... hope it continues :)

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
No blame on Biss , one of those things for me.

Learnt they we are not round pegs in square holes. We are super balanced

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
I stopped reading when you said March isn't an upgrade on Bong, as you clearly have no footballing knowledge.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
... from an 'almost' perfect performance.

1) Tariq terrifies teams!!! Can't remember when we had player like that. Non even Wardie in the old League 1. Think he only went off as a precaution but needs to be kept in cotton wool. MOM just for the time he was on the field by a mile!

2) The defence looks rock solid. Maty seems to be even getting confidence to come off his line for crosses now! :)

3) White can play all over the place. We looked really solid with Ben on the right,

4) Bissouma and Alzate have the making of a great partnership if Bissouma can get rid of the those crazy moments in the game..... nightmare image of last year when Andone got sent off when we looked fantastic and everything went off keel after. Hope it doesn't with the ban Yves is facing.

5) March.... meh. Did nothing wrong at LWB but didn't do anything right either. Not an upgrade on Bong really hope he's growing. Looked much better on the right. Still think we need a LWB and another SC and then we'll be really scary!

6) Maupay was a menace and Connolly continues to improve... but we are still thin there.

Great day, Bissouma going nutty withstanding.... hope it continues :)

Good analysis, think Lamptey went of as precaution plus Potter wanted to move at 4 at the back to counter Newcastle’s changes , which it did .

Don’t want to get negative about any player but agree March was the weakest link and it showed with the quality we had in other positions. He didn’t do anything much wrong but should have done much more in the positions he found himself in with the ball

Great afternoon though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Nothing wrong with Marchs performance, done absolutely all that was asked of him. Maybe could have tied his boot laces different if that appeases the bloody moaners.
Alzate could do with a goal, but if he doesn't risk taking a shot, it'll never happen.
Ryans kicking is still a tad suspect, but understandable when you realise he'd got to a suspense filled part of that book he was reading.
I'll maybe find something else to trivialise later

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Good analysis, think Lamptey went of as precaution plus Potter wanted to move at 4 at the back to counter Newcastle’s changes , which it did .

Don’t want to get negative about any player but agree March was the weakest link and it showed with the quality we had in other positions. He didn’t do anything much wrong but should have done much more in the positions he found himself in with the ball

Great afternoon though

Completely agree . . . In the first half March took a crap free kick, the bal came back to him and he lost posession . . . . Didn't have a bag game, but when everyone else has a good game it sticks out.

Bissouma unlucky and a little daft all at once, a shame as he had a very good game.

No such thing as a perfect result or game but 3-0 away , both strikers scoring and several other players forcing saves/hitting woodwork says its all starting to click.

A great afternoon indeed.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
5) March.... meh. Did nothing wrong at LWB but didn't do anything right either. Not an upgrade on Bong really hope he's growing. )

After your comments about Ali J and Steele in the week I thought you were doing well until I read 5 :lolol:

I think you threw that in to see if we are paying attention, you are fishing or haven’t got a clue. :lolol:

larus

So negative comments about March.

I assume we think the Potter is doing an excellent job and knows a little bit about football. Yet, Potter is so stupid he keeps playing March week-in/week-out. What is it with Potter? He needs to read NSC more and learn how to set his teams up.

Tell you what, I bet March is still starting next week.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I also learnt that Callum Wilson is shit

He should have buried their one chance

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
So negative comments about March.

I assume we think the Potter is doing an excellent job and knows a little bit about football. Yet, Potter is so stupid he keeps playing March week-in/week-out. What is it with Potter? He needs to read NSC more and learn how to set his teams up.

Tell you what, I bet March is still starting next week.

It’s called fans critiquing players of the team they support , been happening since year dot

Maybe forums aren’t for you if this sort of thing upsets you

larus

It’s called fans critiquing players of the team they support , been happening since year dot

Maybe forums aren’t for you if this sort of thing upsets you

It doesn’t upset me. I find it amusing that keyboard warriors think that certain players are shit, yet the manger (who everyone seems to think is doing an outstanding job) thinks differently.

I think I know who knows what they are doing/talking about. But do carry on please.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Hmmm....re: March I did say he did nothing wrong and I am not criticising him. I just don't think he is the answer. Ideally I want two LWBs who can defend and attack and at the moment we don't have it nor do we have the time to wait for March who may become one. March as back up fine but we need a bit more.

We do wear blue and white striped sunglasses sometimes :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here