Wiltshire
Ryan 8. Solid game
Lamptey 9. First half was as good as it gets
Webster 8. If he keeps going like this, he will be in the England chat
Dunk 7 couple of slightly lax moments but basically typical Lewis
White 9 .yep, Leeds were right. Rolls Royce defender
March 8 . There is no way we should sell him
Alzate 8 quality performance . Loved the shape in midfield
Biss 8. Was fuming at the red at the time but The more I see it the dodgier it looks. Otherwise pushing 10.
Trossard 8. Looking the business this season
Maupay 9. His best performance for us. Won us the game.
Connolly 8. Lovely finish

Potter 9 . Two out and out forwards in a crucial away game ? Go on then

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
To get the biggest pundits creaming their jeans like they are now, Lampers simply has to be a 10. All over the pitch, terrifying prospect.....

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Ryan - 8
Lamptey - 10 Absolutely incredible player, even if he fades after 60 mins, it's worth it.
White - 8
Dunk - 7 Almost a 6 as I thought he was our weaker player on the pitch today, which is saying something as he's usually our best. Allowed an off day.
Webster - 8
March - 7
Bissouma - 9 I absolutely love him. Excellent all-round midfielder who is always there to clean up defensively, and then drive us forward into attack. Best red card of the season already. We'll sorely miss him next match.
Alzate - 8
Trossard - 8
Maupay - 9 Out and out striker. Love him.
Connolly - 8 Great goal and great movement. Well happy for him.

Potter - 10 Did Newcastle up like a kipper. I'm excited for this squad this year!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ryan 8 - calmly dealt with the hoofers high balls, no passing calamities.
Lamptey 10
Dunk 8.5
White 9
Webster 8
March 8 - loads of defensive work stifling their desperate attempts to get momentum, linked well in attack.
Bissouma 9 - the boss.
Alzate 7 - didn’t really notice him.
Trossard 9 - literally everywhere, so creative.
Maupay 9
Connolly 8.5

Burn 8 - impressive
Lallana 6 - too little time.
Jahanbakhsh - ditto

Potter 10 - The future of football.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Ryan 8 what can you say, quiet day at the office
Lamptey 9 he destroyed Maximan, fierce and courageous. Speed, power and confidence. Will destroy so many defenders this season.
Webster 8 classy defender and now looking like a 20 million pound player
Dunk 8 travesty that he is not an England regular
White 9 OK, now I see what Leeds were on about. Really is going to the very top.
March 8 solid as a rock, I know people want the Lamptey equivalent on the left but March offers stability and ability
Bissouma 9 almost faultless until he took Lewis’ face off. No malice but definitely dangerous play.
Alzate 8 love this boy, keeps the midfield moving, please shoot when you get the chance.
Connolly 8 I just keep thinking Rooney, he even looks like him, brilliantly taken goal and he generates so many free kicks
Maupay 8 superb, nightmare to play against, a beautifully deft goal, not sure he should be our penalty taker.
Trossard 8 what a classy player he is, never stopped running and always finds time to make an impact.
Subs Burn 8 he is such a great option, fitted right into the defense
Lallana good to see him on the pitch, I feared he would be out for months
AJ good effort from a central position, will play an import role this season.
Potter - he really does back his players, I think his line ups will be more predictable this season. Do we need another striker? My instinct is yes but it certainly wouldn’t be Wilson if he were still available.

Opposition - wow what an insipid performance. Would not take any of their players (well maybe Lewis as a future investment)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Surprised Lamptey is only getting ratings of 10!

It should be which number between 91 and 100 out of 100 would everyone give him!

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Ryan 7. Nothing to do.
Lamptey 9.95 If only he'd played 90 mins
Webster 8. Solid composed used the ball well.
Dunk 8 Couple of recovery tackles and got under one cross but distribution good.
White 9 . Excellent in CD, not bad at RB either
March 8 . Did nothing wrong, neat and tidy without much inspiration
Alzate 8 quality performance . Loved the shape in midfield
Biss 9.75. Sending off was foolish but he ran the game, was everywhere and his passing was progressive too. Very very good.
Trossard 8.5 Covered a lot of ground and looked a threat going forward.
Maupay 9. Strong performance took his goal well, worked very hard, what's not too like?
Connolly 8. Good goal and worked very hard. Needs to work on his movement but still learning the game.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Ryan - 7. Controlled his box well as last. Difficult to assess points as really nothing to do
Lamptey - 9 Absolutely incredible player. NU tried many times to take him out. A few bruises on him for sure!
White - 8. Looks a very good player
Dunk - 8. Mr Reliable
Webster - 8. Same as Dunk.
March - 7.5. Slightly negative in the way he was passing the ball but still did a good job.
Bissouma - 8.5 Excellent all-round midfielder. Bossed the midfield, shame about the late red (which was justified imo). Would have been 9 but for that red card.
Alzate - 8 Learning his trade and will greatly improve the more he plays.
Trossard - 8 Getting better with every game.
Maupay - 8.5 Slightly out of sorts last week but bang and bang he scores. A very good performance.
Connolly - 8 Very good goal. Buzzing like a bee around their defence all game.
Subs - I'm glad Lallana, Burn and AJ got onto the pitch for a few minutes to run the clock down.

Potter 9. Got the players playing really well and changed tactics 2nd half when NU threatened (well only slightly threatened - we were that good)

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Ryan 6 -- nothing to do
Lamptey 10 MotM -- it just doesn't get any better than that. He's a sheer joy
White 8 -- solid
Dunk 6 -- hasn't exactly started the season that well
Webster 8
March 8 -- gives great balance to the formation, solid and reliable
Alzate 7
Bissouma 8 -- we'll miss him because he's crucial for the way we play, but it was reckless play so no complaints from me
Trossard 8 -- a real menace throughout
Connolly 7 -- wonderful work rate, he never stops sprinting, and a very cool finish
Maupay 9 -- two goals and an assist

Burn 7
Lallana & AJ n/a

Was that our best performance in the PL?

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Ryan - 8 - Didn't have to make a save so hard to rate him much higher than that really. Claimed crosses well.

White - 9 - It's like playing with a Quarterback. He just sits there and pings the ball 40/50 yards right to one of our players.
Dunk - 7 - Wasn't quite his usual self today. Lost Wilson who should have got his header on target, and a few poor passes when Newcastle had their brief spell of pressure.
Webster - 8 - Has been excellent since football restarted, another really assured performance.

Lamptey - 10 - Last season I thought he was excellent but would sadly never make the grade for England because of the quality of RB options they have. This season I think he'll eclipse them all. That first half performance is one of the best halves I've ever seen from a Brighton player. Shame he didn't bury his chance.
March - 8 - I think people have said he's better suited to being a WB for a while and he's proving those people right. Showed great versatility when we changed to a back 4 too.
Bissouma - 9 - The red card was just very, very unlucky. Apart from that an incredible performance. Wins the ball, gets it forward and never loses it. No Brighton player had more touches than him. Our most important player behind Dunk.
Alzate - 9 - 18 months ago Steven Alzate had never played about L2. Today he played the full 90 minutes and misplaced one pass all game. A 97.7% pass accuracy. I think by the end of the season a lot of people will be gutted he chose to play for Colomiba over England.
Trossard - 8 - Another player who has been excellent since football restarted. Unlucky to see his effort cannon back off the post and a brilliant cross for the second goal. Think playing as the 1 in a 3-4-1-2 suits him perfectly.

Connolly - 8 - His pace and workrate scares the f*ck out of teams, such an underrated player. His finish today had shades of the Spurs goal. Hopefully gives him the confidence to kick on this season.
Maupay - 9 - 2 goals & an assist. Non-stop running. One of his best performances for us.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Ryan 7 - didnt have a lot to do in terms of defending the goal, but did a shit ton of passing and is very good at it compared to most keepers.

White 8 - great game and looked solid as right back as well.

Dunk 8 - standard Dunk performance.

Webster 7 - some poor passes and got overrun a couple of times but all in all did well

Lamptey 10

Alzate 8 - looks like he got 200 PL games under his belt.

Bissouma 9 - dominant. The red card... shit happens.

March 7 - did fine, nothing spectacular

Trossard 8 - looks much stronger and quicker this year. Turning very good very rapidly.

Connolly 8 - constant threat and a nightmare to play against, great goal

Maupay 9 - a complete striker, and with his work rate its also like having an additional ball winning midfielder

Subs:

Burn 8 - took off the pressure on the team when he came on and enabled the Flo pass.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Pretty much spot on by OP.
Can't give Maty higher than a 6.5 though as you can only mark him for turning up....oh wait, he caught the ball twice and changed ends at half time. Alright, a 7

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Ryan 7

Webster 8
Dunk 8
White 8

Lamprey 9
March 8

Bissouma 8
Alzate 8
Troasard 8

Maupay 8
Connelly 8

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Ryan 7 - didnt have a lot to do in terms of defending the goal, but did a shit ton of passing and is very good at it compared to most keepers.

White 8 - great game and looked solid as right back as well.

Dunk 8 - standard Dunk performance.

Webster 7 - some poor passes and got overrun a couple of times but all in all did well

Lamptey 10

Alzate 8 - looks like he got 200 PL games under his belt.

Bissouma 9 - dominant. The red card... shit happens.

March 7 - did fine, nothing spectacular

Trossard 8 - looks much stronger and quicker this year. Turning very good very rapidly.

Connolly 8 - constant threat and a nightmare to play against, great goal

Maupay 9 - a complete striker, and with his work rate its also like having an additional ball winning midfielder

Subs:

Burn 8 - took off the pressure on the team when he came on and enabled the Flo pass.

AGREE TOTALLY! -Potter gets a 10 too:)

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - average

Excellent performance

Ryan - 7 - safe hands - but nothing to do
Lamptey - 9
White - 8
Dunk - 8
Webster - 7
March - 7
Bissouma - 8
Alzate - 8
Trossard - 7
Connolly - 7
Maupay - 8

Burn - 7 - didn't dive in against the cheating Almiron.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
All get an 8 from me apart from Lamptey who gets a 10 for all-round awesomeness and Ben White a 9 for his incredible range of accurate passing which he made look easy. Both strikers scoring is the icing on the cake. What a performance!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
6 - average

Excellent performance

Ryan - 7 - safe hands - but nothing to do
Lamptey - 9
White - 8
Dunk - 8
Webster - 7
March - 7
Bissouma - 8
Alzate - 8
Trossard - 7
Connolly - 7
Maupay - 8

Burn - 7 - didn't dive in against the cheating Almiron.

Why wasn't he booked? Overall a travesty that we got the red when you consider what a bunch of petulent hackers the Toon were.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Why wasn't he booked? Overall a travesty that we got the red when you consider what a bunch of petulent hackers the Toon were.

Probably because Burn's hand brushed his back. They only seem to book players for diving when there is zero contact. 0.0000000001% seems to be enough to save them.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Probably because Burn's hand brushed his back. They only seem to book players for diving when there is zero contact. 0.0000000001% seems to be enough to save them.

Fair enough, but it really stinks the game out and there's no balance. He can keep trying that with no comeback but "win" a penalty.

Anyhow - superb team performance and they're really starting to undertsand what they are being asked to do. Some players stood out a little, but felt like Potterball 10/10 today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here