Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 286875767778

Thread: Defund the BBC.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Baker lite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Iím happy that youíre happy to pay the tv tax.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think itís pretty straightforward not to pay these days.

My old man hasnít paid, heís 90 and when I contacted Capita on his behalf to say that as a 90 year old OAP without a penny and therefore wonít be paying they have stopped with the threatening letters.

I did similar a while ago, and told them I was unemployed, had loads of debt, was on medication etc. so I wasnít paying and they could take me to court etc. if they wanted, I have heard nothing since.

Whilst non payment of the licence fee is still (sadly) a criminal matter I think the BBC are having to face some realities particularly in the pandemic.

I feel much more relaxed consuming BBC content these days, they may not advertise it but I think in some ways payment is starting to become voluntary by default.

Happy days.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by cunning fergus View Post
      I think it’s pretty straightforward not to pay these days.

My old man hasn’t paid, he’s 90 and when I contacted Capita on his behalf to say that as a 90 year old OAP without a penny and therefore won’t be paying they have stopped with the threatening letters.

I did similar a while ago, and told them I was unemployed, had loads of debt, was on medication etc. so I wasn’t paying and they could take me to court etc. if they wanted, I have heard nothing since.

Whilst non payment of the licence fee is still (sadly) a criminal matter I think the BBC are having to face some realities particularly in the pandemic.

I feel much more relaxed consuming BBC content these days, they may not advertise it but I think in some ways payment is starting to become voluntary by default.

Happy days.
      I agree, the elderly and vulnerable should not have to pay, unfortunately the Tories scrapped free licences for over 75s in 2015 as part of austerity
      Brexit = Nationalism

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Randy McNob View Post
      I agree, the elderly and vulnerable should not have to pay, unfortunately the Tories scrapped free licences for over 75s in 2015 as part of austerity
      This post may be factually inaccurate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 Not allowed!

Exactly, it appears that the BBC are taking a softer approach to criminalising non payment for those in certain circumstances. Rightly so.

So let those that want to pay for it pay for it, whether they are old, vulnerable or not.

I simply donít want to pay so Iím not.

0 Not allowed!
      Just wondering if the Defunders will only be watching games on ITV?
      Brexit = Nationalism

0 Not allowed!
      Just wondering if the Defunders will only be watching games on ITV?
      Ask John

Regards
      DF

0 Not allowed!
      Oh Dear who's the National Broadcaster under the cosh ,shocking behaviour by BBC employees

Regards
      DF