Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Defund the BBC.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Fantastic coverage of the FA Cup final On BBC1.

Yes, the Beeb is always best choice for FA Cup football, has a proud history of FA Cup coverage and the most iconic football anthem. I remember whne they showed the cup final on both BBC and ITV, always Beeb tho

Especially happy for Gary Lineker :)

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
I’m happy that you’re happy to pay the tv tax.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think it’s pretty straightforward not to pay these days.

My old man hasn’t paid, he’s 90 and when I contacted Capita on his behalf to say that as a 90 year old OAP without a penny and therefore won’t be paying they have stopped with the threatening letters.

I did similar a while ago, and told them I was unemployed, had loads of debt, was on medication etc. so I wasn’t paying and they could take me to court etc. if they wanted, I have heard nothing since.

Whilst non payment of the licence fee is still (sadly) a criminal matter I think the BBC are having to face some realities particularly in the pandemic.

I feel much more relaxed consuming BBC content these days, they may not advertise it but I think in some ways payment is starting to become voluntary by default.

Happy days.

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020
I think it’s pretty straightforward not to pay these days.

My old man hasn’t paid, he’s 90 and when I contacted Capita on his behalf to say that as a 90 year old OAP without a penny and therefore won’t be paying they have stopped with the threatening letters.

I did similar a while ago, and told them I was unemployed, had loads of debt, was on medication etc. so I wasn’t paying and they could take me to court etc. if they wanted, I have heard nothing since.

Whilst non payment of the licence fee is still (sadly) a criminal matter I think the BBC are having to face some realities particularly in the pandemic.

I feel much more relaxed consuming BBC content these days, they may not advertise it but I think in some ways payment is starting to become voluntary by default.

Happy days.

I agree, the elderly and vulnerable should not have to pay, unfortunately the Tories scrapped free licences for over 75s in 2015 as part of austerity

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
I agree, the elderly and vulnerable should not have to pay, unfortunately the Tories scrapped free licences for over 75s in 2015 as part of austerity

Exactly, it appears that the BBC are taking a softer approach to criminalising non payment for those in certain circumstances. Rightly so.

So let those that want to pay for it pay for it, whether they are old, vulnerable or not.

I simply don’t want to pay so I’m not.

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020
Just wondering if the Defunders will only be watching games on ITV?

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...white-people-applying-18-000-trainee-job.html

BBC bans white people from applying for £18,000 trainee job on Springwatch and The One Show

BBC is advertising a one-year trainee production management role in Glasgow
The position is 'only open to black, Asian and ethnically diverse candidates'
Positive discrimination is illegal but 'positive action' is allowed for trainee roles

looking forward to the GB news outrage clip....

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...white-people-applying-18-000-trainee-job.html

BBC bans white people from applying for £18,000 trainee job on Springwatch and The One Show

Positive discrimination is illegal but 'positive action' is allowed for trainee roles

Is anybody really surprised [emoji2371]
#DefundtheBBC

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Traffic wardens are a necessity and there are not enough of them

???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here