Page 1 of 23 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Defund the BBC.

Defund the BBC.

0 Not allowed!
    Seems to be getting a head of steam ?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      I don’t have normal tv as arial doesn’t work. Have sky go, Netflix etc. Got worried about them tracing iplayer or whatever as Mrs watches it occasionally & I was worried they could tell through the internet etc so paid it.
      Really not sure if I am silly or sensible.
      Seeing kids in the school or in the parks with Albion shirts instead of the big clubs and easy ones, thatís it. We have done it.

Inigo Calderon
      May 2016

5 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by sheebo View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Really not sure if I am silly or sensible.
      Can anyone answer?

14 Not allowed!
      I donít watch the news anymore on either TV. I find the MSM to be extremely biased. I use the BBC website for sport but nothing more.

I want my news to be factual and unbiased. News reporters should not be offering opinions. What the BBC fails to understand is that the majority in the country are not woke, liberal, metropolitan people. There are a vast range of opinions and views, and jsut pandering to the left is alienating many.

For example, after the Brexit vote, any piece of economic data was qualified with ďbecause of Brexit/despite BrexitĒ (depending if it was positive or negative). That is combing fact with opinion.

Iíve cancelled my TV license - not to save money as I wouldnít notice it. Purely out of principle at the bias (IMO) of the BBC. Letís see how woke the BBC would be if it had to be self funding.

Everything has to be sensationalised now. Even sporting fixtures are over-hyped. Weather events are over dramatised as though itís the end of the frigging world. If thereís a little bit of flooding, the reporters will fins a street, see if they can find the deepest points and stand in that. But when you pan out itís just a localised bit of flooding (for example).

7 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by larus View Post
      I donít watch the news anymore on either TV. I find the MSM to be extremely biased. I use the BBC website for sport but nothing more.

I want my news to be factual and unbiased. News reporters should not be offering opinions. What the BBC fails to understand is that the majority in the country are not woke, liberal, metropolitan people. There are a vast range of opinions and views, and jsut pandering to the left is alienating many.

For example, after the Brexit vote, any piece of economic data was qualified with ďbecause of Brexit/despite BrexitĒ (depending if it was positive or negative). That is combing fact with opinion.

Iíve cancelled my TV license - not to save money as I wouldnít notice it. Purely out of principle at the bias (IMO) of the BBC. Letís see how woke the BBC wild be if it had to be self funding.
      You fail to mention what reliable news sources you use instead!
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      So what about football? Not sure I could go without watching live football. Other than that, me and the Mrs don't really much much on TV. She loves series on Netflix etc and I either watch movies or game.
      Personally I've always thought paying a license fee all because of one greedy company is a load of bollocks so I hope this really hurts the BBC.
      ''At times, Brighton looked so comfortable they could have been settling into an armchair with a nice mug of hot tea and a plate of biscuits.''

8 Not allowed!
      The problem is people don't want to spend money to get good quality news anymore. They're rather get any old rubbish because it's free.

If a product is free, you are the product. That means you're helping them get ad revenue, or you're allowing them to influence your vote.

The principle of the license fee is sound. I think they should be focussing on news though.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
      You fail to mention what reliable news sources you use instead!
      The problem is whatever source you use will be biased - I despair at the lack of un-politicised reporting which is what we used to get more of in the BBC years ago.

Everything has become Ďagendaí driven and a state-funded broadcaster should be clearly unbiased.

Newspapers are privately owned so youíll choose what you want to read as (most people) want to read things which confirm their opinions.
      Members

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by yxee View Post
      The problem is people don't want to spend money to get good quality news anymore. They're rather get any old rubbish because it's free.

If a product is free, you are the product. That means you're helping them get ad revenue, or you're allowing them to influence your vote.

The principle of the license fee is sound. I think they should be focussing on news though.
      I would be happy to pay for good quality news. Where can I find it?

Pissed-off with BBC and ITV news being full of leftwing biased crap.
      A. Virgo, Football Genius

10 Not allowed!
      BBC is about more than news. funny that small sub-division becomes a focus, especially as its not the overt focal point of the objection (which is high salaries). its almost as is there is a hidden agenda.

as much as BBC news has gone down hill, we'd be very sad if we lost it. same for rest of the output.
      The English know how to make the best of things. Their so-called muddling through is simply skill at dealing with the inevitable.