Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Are vindaloos getting tamer? Or am I getting harder?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They’re not as hot as they used to be, are they?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A vindaloo in one curry house will be different in spice level to another curry house.

The vindaloo in my local takeaway is consistently hot and perfect for me, but I've been disappointed on occasion elsewhere.

You might need to up things to a tindaloo (yes, really - they do exist).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If you don’t get a sting in your ring the next day it wasn’t a true vindaloo :smile:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If you don’t get a sting in your ring the next day it wasn’t a true vindaloo :smile:

I had half a portion of napalm chicken wings once; [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION] had the other half. They were so hot my piss stung the next morning.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If you want hot, go for the Naga. Tastes better too. :thumbsup:

Nagas do taste great. Having lived in Asia and worked in India a lot my palate can handle it as well (in fact I never ate anything as hot as that in India). But, my God, the next morning. I'm wincing just typing this. What goes in, must come out.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Have had places where a vindaloo is genuinely hot and others where it's more like a warm medium. All depends on the different restaurant and even then can vary.

Are much nicer 'hot' choices out there but again different places seem to do the same dish totally different.

One thing I know for sure is I'm now totally craving one!

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Vindaloo is such an underrated curry
I agree.vindaloo has the reputation for its hotness but it really does have a fantastic flavour which is often overlooked.
If I get a curry but dont opt for the vindaloo,I will still order vindaloo sauce as a side dish to use as a dip for a garlic naan.
Garlic naan dipped in vindaloo sauce is one of the greatest tastes a human can experience.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I agree.vindaloo has the reputation for its hotness but it really does have a fantastic flavour which is often overlooked.
If I get a curry but dont opt for the vindaloo,I will still order vindaloo sauce as a side dish to use as a dip for a garlic naan.
Garlic naan dipped in vindaloo sauce is one of the greatest tastes a human can experience.
Bang on. Vindaloo sauce in a bacon sandwich is utter heaven. Spicy, tangy, sour, slightly sweet phwoarr

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
King Prawn Vindaloo was always my 'go to' meal when having a curry, but my ageing and increasingly sensitive tummy doesn't allow for such culinary treats anymore.:down:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here