Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Are vindaloos getting tamer? Or am I getting harder?

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Too hot for me. I had a couple of mouthfuls of a friend's Phall once. Never again. Like my gob had been napalmed.

I'd not want to eat something where you have to put the toilet roll in the fridge ahead of the following morning!

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I can't eat indian curries, they give terrible heart burn. Love those round things that come with them though, poppadoms, chipatis and naan. All three go well with chinese food!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I love dansak but always order it to be cooked madras hot otherwise it’s too mild.
I’m not hard enough for vindaloo

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I love a good vindaloo but where you get it from can vary heat wise.
I recently had a madras that was hotter than any vindaloo I have ever eaten!

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I had to keep supping a beer to get me through a Madras last night. Vindaloo, Phall, not sure how people enjoy that. I must be a wimp.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I had to keep supping a beer to get me through a Madras last night. Vindaloo, Phall, not sure how people enjoy that. I must be a wimp.

It’s nothing to do with being a wimp, eating hot spicy food doesn’t make anyone a hard man, some people just have different taste buds.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It’s nothing to do with being a wimp, eating hot spicy food doesn’t make anyone a hard man

Wimps who can’t eat hot curries will say this though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

You’re clearly not as butch as me.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Too hot for me. I had a couple of mouthfuls of a friend's Phall once. Never again. Like my gob had been napalmed.

I'd not want to eat something where you have to put the toilet roll in the fridge ahead of the following morning!

First bites of those arent even that bad. It is when you are 10 minutes into it. That is when the BURN really starts to build and kick in. Dont miss eating the hottest ones now and certainly dont miss the follow through.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
I love a good vindaloo but where you get it from can vary heat wise.
I recently had a madras that was hotter than any vindaloo I have ever eaten!
It depends on the restaurant some will not give you a proper Phall level unless they know you and even the type makes a huge difference. For instance king prawn really retains the heat.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
A vindaloo in one curry house will be different in spice level to another curry house.

The vindaloo in my local takeaway is consistently hot and perfect for me, but I've been disappointed on occasion elsewhere.

You might need to up things to a tindaloo (yes, really - they do exist).

He KNOWS they exist. I have witnessed it...

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
First bites of those arent even that bad. It is when you are 10 minutes into it. That is when the BURN really starts to build and kick in. Dont miss eating the hottest ones now and certainly dont miss the follow through.
The burn was bad enough after two bites! I like a little spice but I'm a complete lightweight when it comes to hot curry.

I used to watch Adam Richman on Man v Food and wonder what the hell he felt like the day after those mega hot food challenges.

His arse must have been like the flag of Japan.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I had half a portion of napalm chicken wings once; [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION] had the other half. They were so hot my piss stung the next morning.

Yes. It was not an experience that I am in any hurry to repeat, but once they had been delivered, we had to finish them, didn't we?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes. It was not an experience that I am in any hurry to repeat, but once they had been delivered, we had to finish them, didn't we?

It was death or glory. Well, to be accurate it was death and glory.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here