Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An easy to digest reminder of what shite we're in due to The Irish Border.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1306904082108624896[/tweet]

Well I found it helpful!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
[tweet]1306904082108624896[/tweet]

Well I found it helpful!

Wouldn't it be interesting if just one poster who voted leave actually read that and explained the flaws in it ?

I can guarantee that won't happen though.

Because everyone that really needs to read this, in order to get some understanding of what they voted for, won't. They'll simply do what they always do when confronted by simple facts, put their fingers in their ears and shout 'project fear' :facepalm:

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
If you BELIEVE in Brexit, all of that doesn't matter

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
there is one little flaw in the line of reasoning: there's nothing about trade or borders in the Good Friday Agreement. :timmy:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
there is one little flaw in the line of reasoning: there's nothing about trade or borders in the Good Friday Agreement. :timmy:

I know I'm going to regret this (we have been over this so many times before), but one of the main benefits of the GFA was to do away with a hard border. Are you now suggesting that Johnson can re-introduce the Ireland/NI border and not break the GFA ?

Here is the GFA, you can look it up yourself

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/136652/agreement.pdf

Every mention of border and cross-border in it, is no longer applicable if a hard border is re-instated.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Every mention of border and cross-border in it, is no longer applicable if a hard border is re-instated.

i have read it, all mentions of cross-border are relating to governance and cooperation. not one mention of border controls or trade. its as if they didnt think it would ever be an issue when the wrote it. :wink:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
i have read it, all mentions of cross-border are relating to governance and cooperation. not one mention of border controls or trade. its as if they didnt think it would ever be an issue when the wrote it. :wink:

Sorry, my sarcasm detector had run out of batteries. It's my age, you know :thumbsup:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Perfectly simple explanation of the problem there. The Border situation post Brexit has always been there, as Russ says, Johnson agreed to a border in the Irish Sea at the time and got that rushed through then has to go back on his own deal as the DUP and Tory ERG group can't accept that....

So, four years spent looking for " Technical Solutions" that don't exist and we are about a month away from the deadline to get an agreement drawn up and signed and three months before no deal and default to WTO rules. The lorry parks are being set up and an attempt to try to streamline exports to the EU now involve a Hard Border in Kent and fines of that " border" is crossed without the correct paperwork.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Why is this thread in the bear pit? Not controversial, no abuse....weird.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003

I'm genuinely not joking, it is because it is about Brexit. The moment the Brexit thread got put in the Bear Pit any other thread that has been started on the Main Board about any aspect of Brexit gets put in the Bear Pit no matter what. One or Two have survived a day or two more recently.

It's why I didn't even bother trying to start this thread on the Main Board.

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?383715-What-do-we-do-about-Ireland-NI-Tariff-Free-deal-and-Fishing

Even though the only nonsense on this thread is from one poster who has never been banned from an individual Brexit thread, regardless of how much he trolls it :shrug:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Clue one: It's a Brexit thread

Clue two: First contributions and the usual suspects pile in.

6c8.jpg

Case solved.

Whinging League table about moderating of political threads on NSC *latest update*

1.) WATFORD zero
2.) Plooks

WATFORD reclaims top spot! :D:clap:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Clue one: It's a Brexit thread

Clue two: First contributions and the usual suspects pile in.

View attachment 130507

Case solved.

Whinging League table about moderating of political threads on NSC *latest update*

1.) WATFORD zero
2.) Plooks

WATFORD reclaims top spot! :D:clap:

I think that on balance, I prefer your other account. Just as stupid, uninformed and desperate to appear amusing, but just a little less rude :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here