Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] RIP Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
surely it can't happen before the election? if so this turbocharges it even more!

Yes, the Republicans have already said they will try to rush it through before the election - the same guy who said Obama's pick in his last year couldn't be appointed because it should be decided by the election. Total hypocrite.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Yes, the Republicans have already said they will try to rush it through before the election - the same guy who said Obama's pick in his last year couldn't be appointed because it should be decided by the election. Total hypocrite.

ridiculous. though I suppose it is to be expected from that bunch of charlatans and extremists

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
ridiculous. though I suppose it is to be expected from that bunch of charlatans and extremists

The only hope is that there are enough Republicans with a backbone. Apparently 4 have already said they will oppose a vote. But it matters little if Trump wins. Imagine the riots if/when they ban abortion.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
The only hope is that there are enough Republicans with a backbone. Apparently 4 have already said they will oppose a vote. But it matters little if Trump wins. Imagine the riots if/when they ban abortion.

I don't think they'll do it before the election - he'll want to use a vacant SC seat to drive Conservative turnout. But if he loses, be sure they'll try to fill it in the lame duck

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box

4 is enough. However, 4 out of 53 showing they have any honour is not a great reflection on the others or the nation as a whole.

I hope that Biden and the new Senate make some new constitution amendments to ensure the blatant removal of 'checks and balances' is both restored and enshrined so that no one can do what Trump, Barr and the other yes-men have done to move America towards a dictatorship.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
. But it matters little if Trump wins. Imagine the riots if/when they ban abortion.

in all fairness, I'm hoping it'll have the opposite effect, there are quite a few on the left who really loathe to vote for biden, this'll hopefully make them think twice, hold their nose and vote

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here