Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Haydon Roberts - new 3 year deal and loaned to Rochdale

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
There's an absolutely fascinating documentary on Amazon Prime that you guys would love. "Take Us Home."

Narrated by (passionate Leeds fan) Russell Crowe, with a big budget and Hollywood level production values it is the fascinating story of the journey Leeds United took to win the Championship title last year.

The drama, poetry and romance of the narrative will move you to tears. Of a great club, humbled, then rising from the ashes under the guidance of Marcelo Bielsa.

Worth taking out an Amazon Prime membership if you don't already have it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54194023

Nothing is worth watching if it means putting money in that POS Bezos pockets.

Lie down with dogs you get up with fleas.

Last edited:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
There's an absolutely fascinating documentary on Amazon Prime that you guys would love. "Take Us Home."

Narrated by (passionate Leeds fan) Russell Crowe, with a big budget and Hollywood level production values it is the fascinating story of the journey Leeds United took to win the Championship title last year.

The drama, poetry and romance of the narrative will move you to tears. Of a great club, humbled, then rising from the ashes under the guidance of Marcelo Bielsa.

Interesting....
But not quite as moving as
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0pjrlLYO6E

I trust you are magnanimous enough to agree. That's real supporter power for you - without the glitz of 'A list actor' narration.....

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
But isn't Roberts only 18 ? So a season's loan to a Championship side next season (with no option to buy) could work out ???

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Be more interested in an expose as to why such a ‘mighty’ club, with tainted history (see dirty Leeds, Ridsdale etc), took 16 years to return to the top division, when most teams are inferior.

Naturally I think our story and even that of Plucky and Burnley are more interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
But isn't Roberts only 18 ? So a season's loan to a Championship side next season (with no option to buy) could work out ???
Yes, or even a good League 1 side. Leeds aren't going to offer him regular first team football in the PL, so they'll be loaning him out the same as we will be (or holding him back playing in their U23s, playing at a much lower level than our U23s).
Obviously need to sign him up to a new contract - matching anything dirty Leeds offer - first. And bin off his dad ...........

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Yeah, the whole world's waiting for next year's Amazon blockbuster..."Three Worse Teams"

Do you mean in terms of showing integrity following a loan arrangement without a clause to buy?
Did you mean 'worst' rather than 'worse'?

If so I think I can name the very worst. Can you?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Yes, or even a good League 1 side. Leeds aren't going to offer him regular first team football in the PL, so they'll be loaning him out the same as we will be (or holding him back playing in their U23s, playing at a much lower level than our U23s).
Obviously need to sign him up to a new contract - matching anything dirty Leeds offer - first. And bin off his dad ...........

But there's no guarantee that Leeds will be in the PL next season. Hence a year's loan to a championship team (with no option to buy), once his contract is sorted :wink:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ok, there’s been some lessons learned on both sides. So let’s get our story straight in advance shall we.

- we never wanted Hayden in the first place
- we don’t appreciate him
- he’s Leeds through and through
- everyone knows he wants to leave
- he ain’t gonna learn anything under Harry Potter’s dad
- Bielsa will make him the player he is
- hoof ball with Potter or Bielsa ball lolz
- we shouldn’t ask for more money than what Leeds are willing to pay
- if we do we’re just being “greedy” and “holding him hostage”
- If we don’t sell, it’s entirely reasonable to make some mugs, songs, petitions etc.

Cool! Think we’re good to go Leeds fans?

#freehayden [emoji24]

ttgg

Aug 6, 2020
reel them off then

Local team
Regular visitor to Goldstone, Priestfield (every game I think), Withdean, Amex (not so much)
Watched first ever pro match at Goldstone - 1965
The pink shirts day at Wembley
Stood right behind THE Robbie Reinhold shot
11am midweek kick off at the Goldstone
THE Darren Freeman hatrick
Chris Iwelumo falling over his own feet in Cardiff
Wife's been a season ticket holder for nearly 50 years

That do for now?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yeah, the whole world's waiting for next year's Amazon blockbuster..."Three Worse Teams"

Probably hard to believe with your head so far up Leeds backside but the only interest we really have in Leeds is taking the piss out of them and their needy fans who keep coming on here - Ben White :lolol:

I have never even looked at your fans forum, that is how little interest I have.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Local team
Regular visitor to Goldstone, Priestfield (every game I think), Withdean, Amex (not so much)
Watched first ever pro match at Goldstone - 1965
The pink shirts day at Wembley
Stood right behind THE Robbie Reinhold shot
11am midweek kick off at the Goldstone
THE Darren Freeman hatrick
Chris Iwelumo falling over his own feet in Cardiff
Wife's been a season ticket holder for nearly 50 years

That do for now?

That will do nicely sir - but it doesn't explain your relationship to the club.
Do you have a decent question to ask or point to make or are you just airing your credentials in public?

ttgg

Aug 6, 2020
Probably hard to believe with your head so far up Leeds backside but the only interest we really have in Leeds is taking the piss out of them and their needy fans who keep coming on here - Ben White :lolol:

I have never even looked at your fans forum, that is how little interest I have.

You sure? The Haydon Roberts thing got 7 mentions on our forum yesterday in the space of about 10 minutes yet you're still debating it 24 hours later with over 50 posts!

You'll have missed it then but this was a good one...

"Radz is pulling Tony Blooms pants down. Expect Roberts to be made one of their highest paid defenders to stop him from sulking"

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You sure? The Haydon Roberts thing got 7 mentions on our forum yesterday in the space of about 10 minutes yet you're still debating it 24 hours later with over 50 posts!

You'll have missed it then but this was a good one...

"Radz is pulling Tony Blooms pants down. Expect Roberts to be made one of their highest paid defenders to stop him from sulking"

Your fans really don’t have a clue about TB do they? Such bitterness

It may have passed you by but most of the posts on this thread are now directed at you Leeds fans

ttgg

Aug 6, 2020
That will do nicely sir - but it doesn't explain your relationship to the club.
Do you have a decent question to ask or point to make or are you just airing your credentials in public?

Replying to the poster who asked the question actually. Is that not allowed?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here