Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Haydon Roberts - new 3 year deal and loaned to Rochdale

Granny on the wing

Sep 7, 2019
Has this been mentioned before? Leeds want to sign Haydon Roberts says Football Insider .Just when you thought they had gone they are back again !

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No more Leeds threads please. FFS.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Make some noise now about him ffs. Make out like there is talk he might be quite decent.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Make some noise now about him ffs. Make out like there is talk he might be quite decent.

I used to know a S T holder at Brighton and he says he is Shitehouse.*

* is that the sort of comment we want to boost his sell on fee?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sorry mate you are right should give it a rest but if true its annoying that they think Albion are a feeder club for them for our very good young prospects.

No worries. All the best :thumbsup:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Has this been mentioned before? Leeds want to sign Haydon Roberts says Football Insider .Just when you thought they had gone they are back again !

No thank you Leeds. He needs to go out on loan - at least League 1, if not quite the Championship yet (he is only 18). Leeds aren't going to guarantee him first team football, are they. So why should wesell him to them and let them loan him out and progress his development through to being a real player when we have a proven track record of doing just that?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Slam on a 50% sell on percent and let him go for a reasonable fee. Fed up with his moany dad.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
What’s the problem - we loan him to our ‘feeder club’ they give him a years experience and then we get him back next year, Lees get Ben White replacement and we get an even better player (remember Bielsa is the god in player development) last year

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
What’s the problem - we loan him to our ‘feeder club’ they give him a years experience and then we get him back next year, Lees get Ben White replacement and we get an even better player (remember Bielsa is the god in player development) last year
He's in the last year of his contract.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I believe he is in the last year of his contract? With all the other CBs at the club I could see him taking one look at that and naffing off to Leeds.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
This one could be a goer. Given how many CBs we've got hanging around and how reluctant we are to make a sale, he may not see the path into the first team here. He might not fancy spending a year at a time at different clubs during his progression. I could understand his decision to leave, if it happens.

That being said, I think he looked excellent last night. If the worst happens and we get relegated, we'll no longer be planning longer term futures for our team - we'll be picking a current team which he might find himself a big part of. There are a number of players ahead of him in the queue but they're all a bit older than he is. In 24 months time, he might find himself with a dozen first team appearances for us and first in the queue having sold any number of the existing CBs.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Derby want a loan deal apparently so possible new contract & season loan .... depends if Roberts is willing to sign for us

in other news it could be one out one in in terms of CB links - https://www.footballtransfertavern....ours/brighton-interested-in-tosin-adarabioyo/

£8m for a position where we probably have at least 10 players who have reached their Premier League potential or who could reach Premier League standard is probably more than we’d spend.

However, we might spend that on Folarin Balogun?

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
£8m for a position where we probably have at least 10 players who have reached their Premier League potential or who could reach Premier League standard is probably more than we’d spend.

I dont disagree , just thought I would post the link as further food for thought :rolleyes:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Leeds have offered a “six figure sum” so low-balling

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here