Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 19/09 - 21/09

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Palace really are so anti football but it works for them and will keep them
In the league again the same way it did for us before we started our transition but United were awful. Palace have beaten two better football teams than them by playing this way so fair play to them.

Define anti football for me please?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Sanchez’s three PL goals for Manure cost £66m.

They do have a rich history of buying dogs at United, some that spring to mind immediately are Forlan, Veron and De Maria.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Hilarious- the Sky presenter has just had to apologise for Evra mentioning the Zaha- Moyes' daughter story earlier in the programme.

I bet their lawyers were shitting it :lolol:

For those who missed it, this is what Evra said.

“I think what ruined his career for Manchester United is when he had this true or untrue affair with David Moyes’ daughter.
Because I remember in preseason he was playing in every game, but when that news came out he was out of the game and he disappeared."

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Oh do behave. If we'd ever pulled off a result like that at OT we'd be cock-a-hoop on here, regardless of tactics (as would you). We've never managed a result like that, other than perhaps at a flaky Arsenal. VAR apart, they deserved it. And since when would we have turned down lower mid-table ??

I'm as anti-Palace FILTH as the next man. But credit where credits due, they just comfortably humped Man U in their own backyard. We've never managed that in my lifetime.

Agree with you, but Manure were “flaky“ too tonight.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
When discussing on 'The Greatest League EVER' thread I did make the point it was rather let down by the managers.

Good to see Oli and Moyes haven't let me down.
Spurs looking very 'Mourinho' tomorrow would just underline the point I was making.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Oh do behave. If we'd ever pulled off a result like that at OT we'd be cock-a-hoop on here, regardless of tactics (as would you). We've never managed a result like that, other than perhaps at a flaky Arsenal. VAR apart, they deserved it. And since when would we have turned down lower mid-table ??

I'm as anti-Palace FILTH as the next man. But credit where credits due, they just comfortably humped Man U in their own backyard. We've never managed that in my lifetime.

Totally agree. Something we have yet to achieve.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Palace did well. I thought they were heading for relegation but even if its early in the season I think I underestimated them... again.

Its difficult getting relegated with Roy Hodgson in charge. I interviewed a few of his old players a couple of years ago and the man definitely knows what he is doing. "It wasnt fun but we won" was the general sentiment. Players describing how on a training session they would practice one single move, i.e. "left back hits it to striker who heads it to rigiht winger who crosses back to the striker" a hundred times. Very structured and very measured.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Who often go on to star for club and country once shifted out.

Yes, that's always the way, Forlan in particular couldn't hit a cows ass with a banjo when in a united shirt, the amount he ballooned was legendary. I used to be often cooking Sunday roast with the radio on and whenever he had a chance you knew he would muff it. The moment he left he played better straight away.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1307402570206515202[/tweet]

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Palace did well. I thought they were heading for relegation but even if its early in the season I think I underestimated them... again.

Its difficult getting relegated with Roy Hodgson in charge. I interviewed a few of his old players a couple of years ago and the man definitely knows what he is doing. "It wasnt fun but we won" was the general sentiment. Players describing how on a training session they would practice one single move, i.e. "left back hits it to striker who heads it to rigiht winger who crosses back to the striker" a hundred times. Very structured and very measured.

Also known as "Workmanlike "

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here