Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Michał Karbownik - polish Lamptey - sold to Hertha Berlin

Machi

Sep 18, 2020
Hove
As we are looking for a decent left wing back I thought about Michał Karbownik from Legia Warsaw. He is just 19 years old and already played all season for Legia who was champions of Poland last season. He is extremely pacey with good attacking and defensive skills, also he is very highly-rated in Poland, considering one of the biggest talent in recent years. He is linked with move to Napoli and few spanish clubs are also interested but so far nothing happened. It is possible to buy him for 5M - 7M € so I think it would be a very good investment. Check him out:

https://youtu.be/HZ-llU6m4nE

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
As we are looking for a decent left wing back I thought about Michał Karbownik from Legia Warsaw. He is just 19 years old and already played all season for Legia who was champions of Poland last season. He is extremely pacey with good attacking and defensive skills, also he is very highly-rated in Poland, considering one of the biggest talent in recent years. He is linked with move to Napoli and few spanish clubs are also interested but so far nothing happened. It is possible to buy him for 5M - 7M € so I think it would be a very good investment. Check him out:

He looks nothing like Lamptey.:shrug:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I know it's a YT reel and the standard is different where he is playing, but you can just tell he's class.

Never heard of him, but looks like a great shout to me.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Thanks, Machal.

Great first post.

Good luck in your search for an EPL team.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Michał Karbownik - polish Lamptey

Hi Michał

Sorry your move to Napoli did not work out.

You do look good in the showreel though but I’m not Dan Ashworth (surprisingly to some).

We have plenty of Polish people living in Brighton so you’ll settle quickly if we decide to buy you but I think we might be looking for a predominately left footed player in this instance.

Best Wishes

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Great first post. Good suggestion.

Do you have any decent strikers on your books ?

*wink*

:albion2:

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Looks interesting.

Sounds like a utility player who can play CM and RB as well.

The way he moves kind of reminds me of Ben White.

No idea how to assess players from the Polish league.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
:lolol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I’m really confused but knew I’d seen this lad before. So is the OP a Brighton fan or a Polish guy and did he have any inside knowledge?! So many unanswered questions!

Also, he looks like he’s more right footed and can play in either side...? Right footed LWB but it seems to work in the vids - can use left well too...

Machi

Sep 18, 2020
Hove
I’m really confused but knew I’d seen this lad before. So is the OP a Brighton fan or a Polish guy and did he have any inside knowledge?! So many unanswered questions!

Also, he looks like he’s more right footed and can play in either side...? Right footed LWB but it seems to work in the vids - can use left well too...

OP is just a Brighton fan for about 6 years - Pole who live in Hove since 2014. And, no - I didn't have any inside knowledge - I just thought Karbownik would be a good transfer and he fits Brighton transfer policy and Potter's LWB requirements. Together with Moder they are really big talents- wonderkids of Polish football. And finally yes, Karbownik can play both sides and also as an attacking central midfielder (he played on this position in u-21 Polish national squad), however atm left wing back is his main position in Legia Warsaw

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Fair play on this one. Makes good sense, young, lwb can also various positions in midfield, probably going to be called up the Poland international side soon which is impressive as they're quite good. Seen he'd been linked with Napoli, Celtic and Barcelona in the past. Just hope if he comes he's not thrown in with the u23s straight away which wouldn't surprise me with this club.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

ukpolska

Dec 30, 2017
Warsaw, Poland
Just been speaking to a few Polish friends here in Warsaw this morning and they say that Michał Karbownik is massively overrated, however, they do have good things to say about Jakub Moder.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Just been speaking to a few Polish friends here in Warsaw this morning and they say that Michał Karbownik is massively overrated, however, they do have good things to say about Jakub Moder.

Massively overrated? That's a bit disappointing to hear. He's the one I was most excited about.

I like his show-reel. Looks like he could play in a lot of positions (including LWB or RWB). And he was the league's 'young player of the year' wasn't he?

Did they say anything else about him specifically? Strengths and weaknesses?

Also, do you know if he is also going back on loan 100%? I had read Moder was going back to compete in the Europa League with Lech Poznan. Legia Warsaw got knocked out in the qualifying rounds didn't they?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Michał Karbownik - polish Lamptey

As we are looking for a decent left wing back I thought about Michał Karbownik from Legia Warsaw.

Welcome to the club Karbo!

I bet you and Modes will be made up as you reflect on this with the Polish squad over the next week or so?

Let’s hope Potter didn’t scout you himself, I remember a former Manager of ours giving scouting a go whilst on holiday and he came back with the youthful Cristian Baz & Agustin Battipiedi. I’ll leave you to google what became of their Brighton careers!

Anyway, good luck, send our best wishes to Modes.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

And there is the Dwayne post :lolol:

Although it is half positive

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Now confirmed, as is Moder. Karbownik on a four year but loaned back to Legia Warsaw for the rest of the season, Moder a five year but loaned back to Poznan for "the time being".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here