Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] PS5 / Xbox Series S/X

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Couldnt find another thread. I understand the PS5 is released tomorrow. Friend is desperate for one, what are the chances/tips of getting one tomorrow, anyone know? Is demand far far higher than supply for one of these? I know my mates at work preordered..
Thanks folks

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
Couldnt find another thread. I understand the PS5 is released tomorrow. Friend is desperate for one, what are the chances/tips of getting one tomorrow, anyone know? Is demand far far higher than supply for one of these? I know my mates at work preordered..
Thanks folks

no chance until next year, late January earliest...unless you/he is prepared to pay double (minimum)

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
Thanks folks
Probably unlikely, most of tomorrow's stock will be people who had pre-ordered. Been told that GAME should get some back in stock shortly though, think I'll wait till mid-December when I stand a chance! [emoji38]

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Went with Xbox One last generation and was disappointed with the exclusives. Will definitely be picking up a PS5 over Christmas, I still haven’t played The Last Of Us 2 and I’ve managed to avoid spoilers so far (don’t you DARE).

I’m also keen to try out Demon Souls, as I never played it the first time round; finished Dark Souls 3 a while back and just finished Dark Souls Remastered.

Until then, I’ll be putting the hours in on my Switch.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Thanks folks

Very little chance. Some places are getting stock in but you'll be hard pushed to secure anything. I've got one coming from Base.com for me and one coming from ShopTo.com for my sister-in-law, both should be getting new stock, also try Game or Very.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm so happy I'm OLD, and so can contentedly wait till da kidz have hoovered up the first batches of the PS5.

For now, I'm mincing along happily with TLOU2 and God of War on my trusty PS4. I'll get there, in my own time.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I think they released the consoles a week earlier here in North America.
Absolute bloodbath.

The market here is flooded by scalpers advertising the new consoles at double the price. No stock in stores at all, everything is online only, and there's only been 2 absolutely shambolic pre-order/order windows so far. Expecting more before Black Friday, but unlikely to see stock in stores before next year imo - at least here anyway.

Lucky to grab a Series X with Game Pass Ultimate. Very happy with it.
For Xbox or PS NSC'ers, feel free to add me, same username for both consoles: HauntedTom

Good luck to those who pre-ordered!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Can buy an Oculus Quest for that money, way more fun.

On my sons Xmas lists!

Any recommendations for the Oculus Quest 2 package? Glad to hear it’s being mentioned by others over the usual XB / PS.

Last edited:

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
On my sons Xmas lists!

Any recommendations for the Oculus Quest 2 package? Glad to hear it’s being mentioned by others over the usual XB / PS.

im not an expert … a friend brought his into work and I had a go for an hour, I really enjoyed it... clear some space is my room... he will need it !

He will love it.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
It's mind boggling that warzone will be crossplay generationally as well as the current crossplay between platform.how the hell do they that?
It will be interesting to see if PS5 owners have any advantage over the other players still on PS4 and even PC.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Picked my PS5 pre-order up earlier from Game with the new Call of Duty and an extra controller. CoD is still downloading updates, its a huge download (about the same size as the original install from disc) so haven't had a chance to play that yet. The console itself is an absolute beast, I know the reviews mentioned this but it's still a surprise just how big and heavy it is. Absolute doddle to setup and get data transferred across if you want to go down that route. I've played a bit of the Astro's Playroom that came with it and it's a very good demonstration of what the new controller can do. Hopefully the developers pick up with this rather than it just being a gimmick. Bugsnax for those who've got PS Plus is good fun too if a little repetitive, I thing young kids will enjoy it. My kids will be home from school shortly so going to let them loose on Bugsnax and see what they think.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
IMG_20201119_125028_956.jpg

Turned up this morning. It's a hefty unit, even bigger than the old fat PS3. Plays well, graphics are sharp and frame rate is bang on even when using fidelity mode. The controller is something else, looking forward to driving and shooting games with the haptic feedback and adaptive triggers.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Managed to grab an Xbox series s at Amazon for the usual £250 - got 3 coming I think Altho people keep getting orders cancelled / - got one on Microsoft and if all turn up will flog on a couple

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
If anyone has got a PS5/Xbox Series for kids for Xmas, make sure you plug it in and download updates/games BEFORE Xmas... or you'll be spending Xmas day looking at download screens.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Doesn't seem to be any new stock of PS5s, I wonder if there will be any before the end of the year

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Almost 11 months later, there still seems to be issues with stocks (due to the worldwide shortage of computer chips, apparently). A few hundred PS5s becoming available at various places disappearing quickly. Especially if you're going just for the console.

I've been following https://twitter.com/PS5StockAlertUK on twitter, which seems to exist solely to let people know where PS5s are going to become available if anyone is still looking. Used it to order one myself this morning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here