Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] PS5 / Xbox Series S/X

Shirty

Daring to Zlatan
Me and Shirty Jr are going halves on a Xbox, primarily for Halo Infinite, although I have a sneaking suspicion my 50% monetary contribution wont equate to 50% use.

Hudson Hawk

Feb 20, 2017
Upper Beeding
Managed to order a PS5 this morning for one of my lads, who is just about to start his degree in games art and design. It's a "tool of the trade" apparently. ???:lolol:

Was difficult to find stock anywhere and wonder how many have bought them just to sell on eBay and suchlike? I know yesterday there was at least one on there for £7000!!

That's people going on there with new accounts and ruining the auction because the disapprove of scalpers and/or missed out on preorders because of.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Personally I'd probably go for the PS5 ...... BUT .... the thing that puts me off is how many times my kids have to delete stuff on the PS4 just to play a new game. Give me the old consoles any day.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Xbox Series X for me. Will probably get a ps5 eventually as my GF likes the exclusives they have (only reason we have a ps4 as I don't play it).

I will say though that the Xbox Series S is a bloody good deal, it runs at 1440p (and 120fps) which is plenty good enough - and if you don't have a huge 4k TV both the ps5 and Series X are a waste of money anyway!

I currently have an Xbox one X and run that at 1440 for the higher frame rate, but sadly it's developed an overheating problem so I just can't wait to get my hands on a new one - otherwise probably would've waited until they come down in price a smidge.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
I had both PS4 and XboxOne.

I bought the latter to play games with my nephews in England (my brother and his friends are all Xbox loyalists), but found little use for it otherwise.
I just sold it.

I'll likely just get PS5.
The PlayStation exclusives are so good - even just early access. Today they have the multiplayer Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War Alpha as a free to play.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I was more excited about the Oculus Quest 2!

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Personally I'd probably go for the PS5 ...... BUT .... the thing that puts me off is how many times my kids have to delete stuff on the PS4 just to play a new game. Give me the old consoles any day.

I have a 6tb external HDD hooked up to mine. Never have to delete anything.

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
Had an Xbox One a few years back as I had the 360 before that, and I tried to keep within the same environment as that's where all my progress was.

However, it all got very uninspiring in the latter stages, PlayStation revealed a ton of exclusives whereas Xbox was focused as a sole entertainment system, so I made the switch. Xbox is getting there, but I still think PS has the best potential in terms of games in my opinion.

So yeah, sticking with PS :)

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
We've been PS since the PS3, but were Xbox before then. I think I'll skip this generation and stick to PC gaming. Which reminds me, I need to go get the free Championship Manager!

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008
still havent beaten Jet set willy on my sinclair spectrum and my mum says i cant have a new machine until ive finished that

Regards

DR

May 5, 2020
Sussex
I'm sticking with my PS4 pro for the foreseeable future.im still addicted to modern warfare and there is a few games I still haven't played on PS4 yet and I'm quite happy to play black ops cold war and assassin's creed Valhalla on PS4 when they are released.im a bit underwhelmed by the PS5 titles available at launch tbh.only game I am vaguely interested in is God of war Ragnarok and that's not out until late next year .so I'm probably looking to get PS5 between October 2021 and Easter 2022.should be some decent games out by then,maybe even a modern warfare 2.in answer to the main question I will be getting PS5 not an Eggs Box.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Not much need for a new console at this stage due to not many inspiring release/console exclusives.

Xbox's Game Pass is a good deal though.

The best upcoming deal though is the new 30 Series NVidea GPU's, specifically the 3070, for anyone into PC gaming. Fantastic bang-for-buck.

Last edited:

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Neither have shown any reason to jump on early, but I do have a lot of gamepass stacked so may be I'll get an xbox.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here