Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] PS5 / Xbox Series S/X

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We're approaching one of those exciting times when next-gen consoles are nearly upon us, seven years after the PS4 and Xbox One were launched.

PS5 pre-orders have already happened with many places selling out, which will give some parents anxiety attacks with Christmas on the horizon.

What are you going for and WHY?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I am genuinely unsure which one to pick up. I've had both over the years but plumped for the Xbox One years back due to having more friends on XBL than PS.

However, as i don't often play online i'm tempted to move to the PS5...some of the games do look very, very good.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
No exclusive (or even platform exclusive) launch titles that interest me. So I’ll continue to use my PS4 until several games come out which I can only play on PS5 or the series X. The series X looks amazing too, so I may be going back to Xbox (last had a 360).

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Was looking into this yesterday.

I'm an Xbox man at the moment and probably going to stick with that. Only really play sports games and happy with what they bring out.

Looking at the S version as X will be out of the price range I'd be prepared to pay at the moment (realistically it's how much the Mrs would let me pay!), can somebody who's more technically savvy than me though explain in layman's terms how much better it will be than the Xbox One and is it worth upgrading to the S?

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I bought the PS4 at launch and then they brought out a superior model soon after. Then I bought a PSVR and they did the same. I will bide my time on this one.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
I have an xbox one x which is slightly confusing but it is currently the most advanced console on the market until these new ones come out.

I told the wife this was the best when I bought it only a few months ago so If I bought one of these (xbox would be a preference) she would lose her shit.

I was forced into upgrading it when my power pack blow on the old xbox one and told her I needed a completely new better xbox so I don't think I can do that trick twice in a year.....

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Ps5. Dropped major hint to the wife that Xmas is approaching. She won’t have got one on pre order. Darn it.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I've already got my PS5.
8983592739aba8f381043f029994462c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Managed to order a PS5 this morning for one of my lads, who is just about to start his degree in games art and design. It's a "tool of the trade" apparently. ???:lolol:

Was difficult to find stock anywhere and wonder how many have bought them just to sell on eBay and suchlike? I know yesterday there was at least one on there for £7000!!

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I've got two PS5's pre-ordered with extra bits. It's released on my birthday so I already had a few days booked off and seeing as though we can't go anywhere for a break, my time will be wasted gaming instead.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
I’m going to wait, they both seem pretty even now but later down the line one will come out as the better deal for me.

Last edited:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I’ve got the PS5 pre ordered, no outstanding games at launch that I’ve seen so far but the plus subscription that offers a lot of classic games I’ve not played yet should keep me entertained for a while. Couple of months to complete Just Cause 3 now before the new console arrives.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here