Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] PS5 / Xbox Series S/X

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I'm reckoning I'm going to take the plunge and get an xbox series s as my first ever console. No idea how much I will play it, though looks great value and well worth a punt with the subscription

I have a series s. Good value, but you've really got to have gamepass to make it worthwhile - in my opinion. I think that's what you're saying by 'the subscription'?

Good console for playing casually on the sofa at a decent price.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Almost 11 months later, there still seems to be issues with stocks (due to the worldwide shortage of computer chips, apparently). A few hundred PS5s becoming available at various places disappearing quickly. Especially if you're going just for the console.

I've been following https://twitter.com/PS5StockAlertUK on twitter, which seems to exist solely to let people know where PS5s are going to become available if anyone is still looking. Used it to order one myself this morning.

HotStock app and pay the premium £4.99 a month - quite easy to get them on there if you keep trying and are quick.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I have a series s. Good value, but you've really got to have gamepass to make it worthwhile - in my opinion. I think that's what you're saying by 'the subscription'?

Good console for playing casually on the sofa at a decent price.

Yes that's it, the game pass, that's what im thinking of getting and doing just that. Mate at work yesterday who's into gaming said that's the way to go

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No need for premium. I used Hotstock for 2 days and got me a series X punk:

Depends what you’re after I think but I did get several ps5s on there.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Yes that's it, the game pass, that's what im thinking of getting and doing just that. Mate at work yesterday who's into gaming said that's the way to go

That's what I did. Works out 20 quid a month for the console plus the game pass. I'm not a hardcore gamer, just like to play for an hour or so once the kids are in bed and it's worked out well for me

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
HotStock app and pay the premium £4.99 a month - quite easy to get them on there if you keep trying and are quick.

Thanks very much for this tip. I’d been trying for 9 months to get a PS5. I signed up to this and 2 weeks later I got one from Argos. I’ve now cancelled the subscription, so paying £4.99 saved me £200 (they’re going for £650+ on eBay) - there’s a decent business opportunity here if you can be arsed.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Thanks very much for this tip. I’d been trying for 9 months to get a PS5. I signed up to this and 2 weeks later I got one from Argos. I’ve now cancelled the subscription, so paying £4.99 saved me £200 (they’re going for £650+ on eBay) - there’s a decent business opportunity here if you can be arsed.

Just signed up myself as have had no joy trying to source a PS5 this year fingers crossed

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Just signed up myself as have had no joy trying to source a PS5 this year fingers crossed

You have to react instantaneously, and be persistent - both with each retailer (I kept trying the latest Argos one until the site said ‘I know we’ve told you for 10 minutes that we’re out of stock, but I’ve actually found one’ - I put 15 minutes into it), and with each offer. I reckon I invested 2 hours in total.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
There is a discord server that gives you times and dates when stock should be coming in at different stores. It also gives you alerts as soon as any consoles or even graphics cards are in stock. They also give tips on how to make the transaction easier and quicker to ensure you get one. I've managed to get 3 PS5s for family members using it.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I can't believe that both PS5 and Xbox Series X are still so hard to get hold of! It's been a whole year now.

Series S is definitely good value though if you have game pass. For those not quite in the know, beware the Series S has no disc drive so there's no buying cheap physical games from ebay/CEX etc.

This is why Gamepass is great. Hundreds (thousands?) of games for a small subscription fee. And the games aren't just crap that you wouldn't play anyway, all first-party (by Microsoft/Microsoft-owned studios) AAA titles are available on release day, so Forza 5, Gears of War and Halo Infinite will be available in the coming months without having to chuck 60 odd quid up front to play.

Brighthelmstone

Nov 9, 2011
Burgess Hill
I can't believe that both PS5 and Xbox Series X are still so hard to get hold of! It's been a whole year now.

Series S is definitely good value though if you have game pass. For those not quite in the know, beware the Series S has no disc drive so there's no buying cheap physical games from ebay/CEX etc.

This is why Gamepass is great. Hundreds (thousands?) of games for a small subscription fee. And the games aren't just crap that you wouldn't play anyway, all first-party (by Microsoft/Microsoft-owned studios) AAA titles are available on release day, so Forza 5, Gears of War and Halo Infinite will be available in the coming months without having to chuck 60 odd quid up front to play.

I'm assuming supply problems are still down to the global chip shortage. It's impacting all industries now :(

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here