Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings Brighton - Portsmouth

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Steele 6
Did nothing wrong, just not enough to do to warrant a higer rating. Did a great save and looked pretty comfortable with his feet and his distribution looked a lot better than from last years reserve (Button). Looks a decent keeper, maybe we all watched too mcuh Sunderland til I Die.

Molumby 6
What a great experience for him. In any game you will find yourself in uncomfortable positions and playing in one for almost 90 minutes is a great experience, I think he learned a lot. Made some mistakes and their winger was quite good, but did well under the circumstances and look great with the ball.

Veltman 6
I think he gets a bit too much cred for his performance, he had some serious issues with their CF in the first half and made a few passing errors. However overall he was decent, I just think that in England he is better suited as right back.

Burn 7
Started poorly with some wonky passing but was the only one in the back for not to make any defensive mistakes whatsoever - even if it should also be said that he really wasnt challenged that much as their striker preferred to wrestle with Veltman.

Bernardo 6
The goal is great and after he scored it, he looked oveall really good. But his first half was a nightmare and I'm not only talking about the miss: weak passing, weak crossing and a liability when it comes to defending in the air and against a stronger side, this would likely have been punished just like it was several times in the PL. Happy for him though, was great to see him so happy about the goal, and as I said he looked really good overall after he scored it.

Stephens 7
With his experience you could expect a lot from him in a game like this and he delivered. Tidy passing, good at winning the ball and always available when midfielders are looking for a passing option. You'll see more than you'll like of him this season as well.

Pröpper 7
Started off wobbly and gave away too much space in the area in front of Veltman & Molumby in first half, forcing them to play man-man, but looked good in the second half and put down a pretty flawless game considering he didnt have a pre-season.

Macallister 8
Several nice flick-ons and through balls, did it well as the playmaker and even got himself a goal. Positive appearance.

Gross 8
Is a good, well-rounded player that doesnt make a lot of noise but keeps the game flowing and the corners with and without him is really night and day. Close to a seven as he was msfiring quite a bit with the crosses but a good performance.

Ali J 9
Involved in more or less everything and showed that his end product is something extra. Sure, he is not the quickest and he waste some opportunities taking the odd unnecessary shot and what not, but looked really lively and active and definitely strengthened his chances of seeing more game time this season.

Gyökeres 8
Gets a lot of "not good enough" comments probably based on the deeply ingrained urge for a new striker, but Viktor did well. One goal, one assist, hard work and 14 out of 16 passes went to a teammate, really good for a striker. Failed to get involved a lot in the first half and had two or three occasions where he failed his first touch. Keep him around for the cups and the odd PL appearance or loan him out to the Championship, either would be a good solution, I do think though that his future is bright and that he could play a part this season.

Subs:
No real impact from any of them.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Steele - 8 That amazing save boots him up a point or two.

Burn - 7 If only he was more like Duffy with his head in the

Veltman - 7 Attacked at every opportunity by Portsmouth players for reasons unknown. Solid with slick passing.

Molumby - 7 Like the Alzate of last season, Potter has to find him a position because he is that good. Did not embarrass himself at right back.

Bernardo - 7 Average display going forward but a good goal scoring attacking header, assist creating header and a goal stopping defensive header upped his mark. The West Ham scout will be pleased enough.

Stephens - 8 Great Captain performance and the backbone of the team. Not sure he’ll be fit for the weekend.

Pröpper - 7 Did ok. Kept the ball moving with no mistakes.

Groß - 8 Had quite a few shots in the first half and had some lovely touches and passing. He was putting those chances away in his first season with us. If he starts scoring again, we could be in for our highest finish ever.

Mac Allister - 8 Some lovely passes, flicks and touches. Nice goal to start his account with us.
If only he’d had an assist instead of Groß, we’d have us four players with a goal and assist each!

Jahanbakhsh - 9 In his best position earning the sort of MOTM performances he was bagging up many-a-time in Holland. Time for another Premier League start?

Gyökeres - 6 Don’t be fooled by the goal and assist. He is not Premier League ready. One last loan to see if he comes back decent then sell if he doesn’t. Surprised at how slow he is to be honest.

Subs:
Sanders - 6 Didn’t really take the eye.

Pete Gwargis - 5 Did less than Sanders

Roberts- 7 Looks a class act. Very big future for this lad.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - average

Good performance, but let’s remember this wasn’t Chelsea.

Steele - 7
Molumby - 6
Veltman - 7
Burn - 6
Bernardo 6
Gross 7
Stephens 8
Propper 6 - easing himself back in
MacAllister 7
AJ - 8
Gyokores 6

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Steele - 8 - Brilliant at commanding the box with all their corners, kicking was precise, fantastic save, didn't have too much to do.
Molumby - 7 - Played out of position but looked comfortable, lots of energy
Veltman - 8 - Could tell he was one of the more experienced players on the pitch, effortlessly bossed it in defence, managed to get off the pitch without being murdered
Burn - 6 - Played well kept it simple, should have dealt with the corner they nearly scored from
Bernardo - 7 - First half missed a sitter gave away a few passes, didn't look great. Second half much more accurate passing, scored a bullet header and assisted a great goal, good performance in the end.
Gross - 7 - Linked up well with everyone, caused a lot of problems for them, best corner taker at the club.
Stephens - 7 - Solid performance, hit the post, hope the injury isn't too bad
Propper - 6 - Average performance, started slow grew into the game, maybe a bit complacent
MacAllister - 8 - Loved the way he was arriving late in the box, won the ball back on a few occasions, linked well with Jahanbaksh, solid game from him.
AJ - 9 - Great assist, Great goal, Exciting too watch, faultless performance. Love his attitude.
Gyokores - 7 - Worked hard, didn't get too many chances, brilliant technique for his goal.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
What rating do you think those NSC ***** will give you Ali??

AliJ.png

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Steele 6
Did nothing wrong, just not enough to do to warrant a higer rating. Did a great save and looked pretty comfortable with his feet and his distribution looked a lot better than from last years reserve (Button). Looks a decent keeper, maybe we all watched too mcuh Sunderland til I Die.

Molumby 6
What a great experience for him. In any game you will find yourself in uncomfortable positions and playing in one for almost 90 minutes is a great experience, I think he learned a lot. Made some mistakes and their winger was quite good, but did well under the circumstances and look great with the ball.

Veltman 6
I think he gets a bit too much cred for his performance, he had some serious issues with their CF in the first half and made a few passing errors. However overall he was decent, I just think that in England he is better suited as right back.

Burn 7
Started poorly with some wonky passing but was the only one in the back for not to make any defensive mistakes whatsoever - even if it should also be said that he really wasnt challenged that much as their striker preferred to wrestle with Veltman.

Bernardo 6
The goal is great and after he scored it, he looked oveall really good. But his first half was a nightmare and I'm not only talking about the miss: weak passing, weak crossing and a liability when it comes to defending in the air and against a stronger side, this would likely have been punished just like it was several times in the PL. Happy for him though, was great to see him so happy about the goal, and as I said he looked really good overall after he scored it.

Stephens 7
With his experience you could expect a lot from him in a game like this and he delivered. Tidy passing, good at winning the ball and always available when midfielders are looking for a passing option. You'll see more than you'll like of him this season as well.

Pröpper 7
Started off wobbly and gave away too much space in the area in front of Veltman & Molumby in first half, forcing them to play man-man, but looked good in the second half and put down a pretty flawless game considering he didnt have a pre-season.

Macallister 8
Several nice flick-ons and through balls, did it well as the playmaker and even got himself a goal. Positive appearance.

Gross 8
Is a good, well-rounded player that doesnt make a lot of noise but keeps the game flowing and the corners with and without him is really night and day. Close to a seven as he was msfiring quite a bit with the crosses but a good performance.

Ali J 9
Involved in more or less everything and showed that his end product is something extra. Sure, he is not the quickest and he waste some opportunities taking the odd unnecessary shot and what not, but looked really lively and active and definitely strengthened his chances of seeing more game time this season.

Gyökeres 8
Gets a lot of "not good enough" comments probably based on the deeply ingrained urge for a new striker, but Viktor did well. One goal, one assist, hard work and 14 out of 16 passes went to a teammate, really good for a striker. Failed to get involved a lot in the first half and had two or three occasions where he failed his first touch. Keep him around for the cups and the odd PL appearance or loan him out to the Championship, either would be a good solution, I do think though that his future is bright and that he could play a part this season.

Subs:
No real impact from any of them.

Good report, tainted only by the homer rating for Swedish Vik

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Good report, tainted only by the homer rating for Swedish Vik

Maybe, maybe not. Maybe a seven... but one goal one assist... if he was a brand new £20m signing, I think people would be cumming all over him.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Maybe, maybe not. Maybe a seven... but one goal one assist... if he was a brand new £20m signing, I think people would be cumming all over him.

Ha . Stick to your guns mate . Never let us forget euro 92....and we will keep wc18 up our sleeve !

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Take time to appreciate DALE STEPHENS, who absolutely ran the game, from start to (just before the) finish.

Did his own work well enough, but was also more vocal than I've ever previously noticed - constantly encouraging / remonstrating / directing everybody around him. I actually think he may have threatened Keith Andrews' all-time Albion POINTING record - something I never thought would happen.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Steele - 8 did nothing wrong

Molumby - 7 Not sure he was in his best position
Veltman - 8 Pompys Thug number 9 did his best to take Veltman out
Burn - 8 Always dependable
Bernardo - 7 Wobbly first half much improved second good goal

Stephens - 8 bossed midfield
Propper - 8 as above

Ali J - 9- scored one made one MOM Very pleased for him
Gross - 8 quality player just lacks speed
Mac Allister - 7.5 this lad will be Special given time

Gyokeres - 7.5 good goal against league 1 opponents little direct service not the answer yet to our striker shortage needs a loan to the Championship

Great result

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here