Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Who from tonight should start against NEWCASTLE

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Propper in for Alzate please otherwise I can see our midfield being overrun. I'd prefer Stephens but doesn't look like he'll be fit.
Ali J for Llallana if Adam not fit. Veltman for White on same basis.

Propper for Alzate? The only reason that would be viable is if going for better hairdo.

Alzate was good (except one hospital pass) Propper made one hospital pasd last night, straight across midfield to Pompey player, luckily he didn't control it and it bobbled off his leg.

He did nothing last night to warrant an inclusion I er Alzate...... Whom played well at At James park previously.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I’ve said it enough times, but I’ve never fully believed that Jahanbakhsh has got quite enough talent for the Premier League, however, I do really want to see him succeed and I can’t help thinking about that stat of 4 goals from 32 chances created since football resumed. I simply cannot accept that if Ali had 32 chances at goal he’d score less than 10, the power and technique with which he strikes the ball is superb, if he played the second striker role I think he’d be a success.

What is this stat, you refer to?

We've scored TWELVE goals since football resumed, after the lockdown.

8 if you're only counting Premier League games.

7 if you mean from the restart until the end of last season.

:shrug:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Propper for Alzate? The only reason that would be viable is if going for better hairdo.

Alzate was good (except one hospital pass) Propper made one hospital pasd last night, straight across midfield to Pompey player, luckily he didn't control it and it bobbled off his leg.

He did nothing last night to warrant an inclusion I er Alzate...... Whom played well at At James park previously.

Just my opinion. Let's agree to differ. Alzate is a great footballer but, I remain to be convinced he is physically ready yet. If he plays on Sunday, I hope he players a blinder. The OP asked the question and I replied. I'm not comparing performances over the two matches minute by minute, just passing an opinion, even if I may be in a minority of one:D

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
What is this stat, you refer to?

We've scored TWELVE goals since football resumed, after the lockdown.

8 if you're only counting Premier League games.

7 if you mean from the restart until the end of last season.

:shrug:

I’ll see if I can find the link to it, I might have misunderstood part of it but whatever the context was it resulted in 15% conversion rate of chances created. Hold the line please, caller.

‘Big chances’ created, I’m guessing that excludes goals like Bissouma’s long ranger at Burnley :shrug:

[tweet]1305782263611830272[/tweet]

Last edited:

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I’ll see if I can find the link to it, I might have misunderstood part of it but whatever the context was it resulted in 15% conversion rate of chances created. Hold the line please, caller.

‘Big chances’ created, I’m guessing that excludes goals like Bissouma’s long ranger at Burnley :shrug:

[tweet]1305782263611830272[/tweet]

I know you are quoting someone else, but if Ale Mac and Gyökeres goals were not from big chances created, maybe Bernardo's too, then i'm not sure what constitutes a big chance.

Assuming that tweet is today and not from Tuesday.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I know you are quoting someone else, but if Ale Mac and Gyökeres goals were not from big chances created, maybe Bernardo's too, then i'm not sure what constitutes a big chance.

Assuming that tweet is today and not from Tuesday.

Sorry for the confusion, it was tweeted after the Chelsea league game on Monday night.

Here’s another that was a follow up to that tweet.

[tweet]1305782940237025280[/tweet]

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
If Propper replaces Alzate on Sunday I can only assume he's Potters pet .

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
In terms of picking which player you’d want to be on the end of big chances to score, you’d put him ahead of most of the squad including Groß, Mac Allister, March, Alzate, Pröpper & Stephens.

I’d put you ahead of some of that lot, Hugo , and I’ve never seen you play

PersianNYer15

Jul 25, 2018
New York/New Jersey
Ok. Scoring a great goal against a big club makes him a great player. You are correct.

Yup - and what makes it even more great is being able to do that when you’re sitting on the bench most of the time. Easier to pull off a nice goal when your taking tons of attempts, not when you can’t get more then 6-7 mins of garbage time at the end of a 3-0 game.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Why did Stephens walk off the pitch last night and leave us with 10 men?. Has he been watching Lallana and gone one better.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
You continue to operate on the belief the only way AJ can make the team is at the expense of Maupay or Trossard.

100% correct. I do not think we are good enough to play PL sides with 3 up front in the belief we shall win enough ball to feed them.

I'll go ever further and say we would be ripped apart by the better sides in midfield should we do that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here