Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What I Learned Tonight

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
- Bernardo and Jahanbaksh are so frustrating. There is clearly a lot of potential there but it comes and goes and is often accompanied by dross. We saw both sides tonight.

- Gyokeres could be another Glenn Murray. Not yet... but there were signs. Worth watching.

- Veltman and Molumby are going to fit right into the first team squad.

- Keep Steele well away from the first team. If Walton is going to be away for long we desperately need something better.

All in all a good win without really getting out of third gear.

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
- Bernardo and Jahanbaksh are so frustrating. There is clearly a lot of potential there but it comes and goes and is often accompanied by dross. We saw both sides tonight.

- Gyokeres could be another Glenn Murray. Not yet... but there were signs. Worth watching.

- Keep Steele well away from the first team. If Walton is going to be away for long we desperately need something better.

Agree re Molumby and Veltman, also thought Gyokeres worked hard up there, couple of decent efforts and well taken goal.

Jahanbaksh was class. I accept against League 1 opposition but looked quality.

Steele had 1 save to make and it was absolutely top drawer. Good distribution, what on that performance makes you doubt him?

albionite

May 20, 2009

What did Steele do wrong? Made a great save and looked ok with his feet.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

What I learned is you seem to have watched a different match than me. ???
Jahanbakhsh was class, I honestly didn’t see any dross. I’m really pleased for him.
Steel did nothing wrong that I saw.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017

You watched a different game to me, Ali J was excellent and had it not been for the goal it would have gone down as one of the worst centre forward displays I have seen for the club from Gyokeres. Even the commentators who were positive all night singled him out as having a bad game.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Jahanbakhsh was class, I honestly didn’t see any dross. I’m really pleased for him.

This.

I mean, really :shrug:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Aye ...I was wondering if Sky were showing two versions of the game...we didn’t just avoid a banana skin...but dominated the game with some good football and scored four without reply...no complaints

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I learnt tonight that the OP doesn't know much about football.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You watched a different game to me, Ali J was excellent and had it not been for the goal it would have gone down as one of the worst centre forward displays I have seen for the club from Gyokeres. Even the commentators who were positive all night singled him out as having a bad game.

Agree with that but I am a man of hope and I hope that with some coaching (he's still young) Gyokeres can morph himself into a Murrayoffside, but onside.

As for Ali J, he was class as always. Two nutmegs as well as his 'first in every department' performance. OK 'only' Div 1 opposition but you can't be better than better than the rest on the pitch :shrug:

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012

Not sure I saw any dross from Jahanbaksh or Bernardo, they both played really well and both scored.
And what more did you want from Steele? He had very little to do all game and then pulled out a fantastic save.

Our squad depth looks quality. The youngsters all look like they could easily slot in to a top championship side and possibly even our 1st team. Exciting times ahead.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

I learned its a bloody good feeling to TRASH somebody, enjoy it and it was Pompey

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
My thoughts:

I feel a lot more comfortable with Steele than I did with Button as a backup tbh.

Gyokeres looked OK, but I don't think he'll be bothering our first team any time soon. I think he may be a player we move on.

Haydon Roberts is absolute mustard and needs a new five-year deal pronto.

Molumby did brilliantly. I had no idea he was so versatile. Top player for us there.

Mac Allister's vision is superb. A very exciting prospect.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I learned to enjoy watching the Albion again rather than just enjoying that huge sense of relief when we had got a point or 3.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Ali J was superb.
MacAllister showed glimpses of greatness.
Think Gyokeres would benefit from a season in the Championship.
Hope Stephens is okay.
Massively enjoyable evening for us, great overall performance, looking forward to how we tackle the tricky proposition of PNE in the next round.
:albion2:

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
Wot no mention of Pascal? Was he a bit miffed at being in with the stiffs? No, Worked his nuts off and so neat tidy and the source of much of our creativity

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
MacAllister's awareness and vision is FIRE.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Wot no mention of Pascal? Was he a bit miffed at being in with the stiffs? No, Worked his nuts off and so neat tidy and the source of much of our creativity

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

Gross really is a wonderful footballer, and as for Veltman...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here