Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our best league cup performance since when ???

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Didn't we have a cracking result inbetween those 2 games as well? Was it something like WBA away and won 0-2 with Wardy scoring?

I was there, Willie Johnstone got sent off for running up to the referee and aiming a kick at him :lolol:

Great game and a standout memory of Albion away for me.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I was there, Willie Johnstone got sent off for running up to the referee and aiming a kick at him :lolol:

Great game and a standout memory of Albion away for me.

Never got to that game but really wish I had, Excellent times.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Old enough to remember 78-79 and that away defeat in the QF to Forest. If I'm right, Clough said something about our club that spurred them on to promotion.

For those of us lucky enough to witness this great chapter in the clubs history it was truly memorable, I was 17/18 and just about to leave to join the Army, when I returned to the are and the club we we'd just returned to Withdean, I bought a season ticket that first season and have enjoyed the last twenty years also!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Which I attended

Ipswich 2-1

Was at the Derby one too,but picked Ipswich because they were a better side than Derby and we won

And then we beat York 7-2 on the Saturday in front the match of the day cameras which included a beautiful goal from Ward.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
And then we beat York 7-2 on the Saturday in front the match of the day cameras which included a beautiful goal from Ward.

Tbf to York they scored twice,not many teams managed that at the Goldstone back then

That 0-0 draw at Portman Road must have been some performance

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Tbf to York they scored twice,not many teams managed that at the Goldstone back then

That 0-0 draw at Portman Road must have been some performance

I went to that one. Went on a coach from Worthing with all the usual names.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here