Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our best league cup performance since when ???

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
We needed that. 4 goals!

Some confidence boosting performances for individuals like Ali J, Mac Allister (wish he had scored that free-kick!), Gyokeres, Bernardo, Steele (that save!).
Burn and Veltman (to be expected to be honest).

Great to see these players so hungry.

I know it was Portsmouth but we might have some goal-scoring options.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
For me I’m struggling to think of a better performance in the league cup ??

Man City at Withdean maybe ???

got to be. Nothing in our history tops that. Or will do unless we win it.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Old enough to remember 78-79 and that away defeat in the QF to Forest. If I'm right, Clough said something about our club that spurred them on to promotion.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
For me I’m struggling to think of a better performance in the league cup ??

Man City at Withdean maybe ???

Looking at it entirely objectively, (4-0 win against opposition from two leagues below) it is the exact match of the win over Colchester in 2016.

You could argue that one was slightly more impressive, as we did it with a complete novice back four, of Hunt, White, Ince and Adekugbe.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Derby County (H) in 1976

derby.jpg

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Leicester away when we won 2 1 in the league cup is still one of my favourite all time performances.

That was a great one - Stuart Munday's cracker of a goal and Case getting sent off for being deaf!

Fantastic curry afterwards too

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
That was a great one - Stuart Munday's cracker of a goal and Case getting sent off for being deaf!

Fantastic curry afterwards too

That was a 0-2 win I think, and yes, Munday's goal was fantastic. Over-riding memory was running to the front of the stand to celebrate, and getting pushed over the advertising board and almost onto the pitch - happy days! When o when will we taste these sweet away day moments again....

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Which I attended

Ipswich 2-1

Was at the Derby one too,but picked Ipswich because they were a better side than Derby and we won

Didn't we have a cracking result inbetween those 2 games as well? Was it something like WBA away and won 0-2 with Wardy scoring?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here