Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] This year's membership freebie!

Can I be the first to post about the arrival of this. In the standard flat Albion badged tin (can't think of a use for it other than as a coffin for a favourite small Plaice) is a snazzy badged reel type charging cable with USB "C", Mini USB and "Lightning" plugs. I will now go and lay down.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Just got mine. I think there needs to be an option to forgo and allow any cost to the club to be directed to AITC or something. It's a waste of money in a lot of cases I'm sure.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Can I be the first to post about the arrival of this. In the standard flat Albion badged tin (can't think of a use for it other than as a coffin for a favourite small Plaice) is a snazzy badged reel type charging cable with USB "C", Mini USB and "Lightning" plugs. I will now go and lay down.

Tin? My was a cardboard box thing with the charger in it.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
An amazing gift. Albion truly are THE best club about - my son is made up.

boik

You do realise that it's a rechargeable battery to extend the usage time of you phone, or any other 5v device. Sorry if I've been whooshed.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Mine's already been swooshed away to be a stocking filler for my son...

His also arrived today but hasn't been opened yet (he's still at school!) - I understand it's a mini football net and cones set.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit

Did you miss the powerbank that comes with it. A thing of beauty

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020

It's a rechargeable charger for the charging cable to go into... Quite handy actually.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing

Happy with the power bank........current ones has been playing up. :cheers:

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Mine arrived this afternoon. I haven't a clue what it is or what it's for. Please could someone tell me in non-technical lingo what I do with it and where do all the little plugs go (I'm assuming its on the computer somewhere but they don't seem to fit my little slots (ports?)!) I realise I'm taking the tag "dinosaur" to new levels here, but I'm genuinely stumped.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Mine arrived this afternoon. I haven't a clue what it is or what it's for. Please could someone tell me in non-technical lingo what I do with it and where do all the little plugs go (I'm assuming its on the computer somewhere but they don't seem to fit my little slots (ports?)!) I realise I'm taking the tag "dinosaur" to new levels here, but I'm genuinely stumped.

The blue metal thing is a power bank (rechargeable battery).

Plug the biggest connector on the retractable cable into your USB port on your PC and plug one of the 3 smaller connectors (the D shaped one) into the power bank so it charges. I'm guessing the 4 white LEDs will stay on solid when fully charged.

Then that power bank can be used to charge your phone or tablet when you have no mains charger handy by plugging the big USB connector into it and using whichever of the 3 small connectors goes into your phone/tablet.

That's as non-technical as I could get :lolol:

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class

Put the big end of the cable in the box's slot, put whichever little one fits into your phone. Phone battery level goes up.

Mind you, I haven't actually seen it.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
All very nice but think i will opt out next year. It must be costing the club a small fortune (yes i know, peanuts in the grand scheme of things) and as a cost cutting gesture i will not miss the annual "tin", i have three already. :shrug:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
It took a while to work it out. I thought for a moment it was an MP3 player until I saw the value of it in the pamphlet. Might have helped a tad if they had actually put a description of what it was, rather than the club relying on nsc members to explain.
Yep, another freebie waste of money that would have been better spent on REMF.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Mine arrived BROKEN, it was rattling when i took it out of the box, Looks like power button is broken.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
The blue metal thing is a power bank (rechargeable battery).

Plug the biggest connector on the retractable cable into your USB port on your PC and plug one of the 3 smaller connectors (the D shaped one) into the power bank so it charges. I'm guessing the 4 white LEDs will stay on solid when fully charged.

Then that power bank can be used to charge your phone or tablet when you have no mains charger handy by plugging the big USB connector into it and using whichever of the 3 small connectors goes into your phone/tablet.

That's as non-technical as I could get :lolol:

Thank you, m@goo, very clear explanation!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here