Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Bright object in night sky

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
Does anyone know what the bright object in the night sky is? Visible in the early hours, up towards the east, quite high over the Whitehawk TV transmitter if you were looking from the Withdean/Dyke Road area.

It's not moving fast, so isn't the international space station, and I can't see a tail so I presume it isn't a comet.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Does anyone know what the bright object in the night sky is? Visible in the early hours, up towards the east, quite high over the Whitehawk TV transmitter if you were looking from the Withdean/Dyke Road area.

It's not moving fast, so isn't the international space station, and I can't see a tail so I presume it isn't a comet.

Throw a stone at it.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Did it look like this?

View_of_the_Moon_seen_Apollo_17_pillars.jpg

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Wasn't SpaceX visible last night between 7.35 & 7.45?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Was it Uranus? :moo:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
37 starlinks went over at 5.00am this morning and a further 13 at 5.26am but they are very small an relatively quick, I think Venus is very low in the sky at the moment. Was it just a plane with the early morning sun reflecting on it from below the horizon

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
37 starlinks went over at 5.00am this morning and a further 13 at 5.26am but they are very small an relatively quick, I think Venus is very low in the sky at the moment. Was it just a plane with the early morning sun reflecting on it from below the horizon

It seems to be there every night in more or less the same place. I wouldn't say low in the sky. Sort of half way up it, towards the east.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It seems to be there every night in more or less the same place. I wouldn't say low in the sky. Sort of half way up it, towards the east.

Over a stable, you say? I'll bring the frankincense, you bring the myrrh.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Ulloa's penalty?

Yes, I know that's already been done, but people seemed to find it funny the previous 6,000 times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here