Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mark Lawrenson - Football, the Albion and Me podcast

Zamoracomehome

Apr 12, 2010
Hove
Episode 22 of Football the Albion and Me, the final episode of series 1, is an interview with Mark Lawrenson - which hopefully ends a lot of views of some fans that he airbrushes his time with us from his memory. In fact, Lawro says for the all round experience, the best time of his career was spent at Albion.

For all the links to podcast platforms, click here (or listen via a browser).

Please leave a review on Apple Podcasts and share on Twitter.

Many thanks, and enjoy!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Episode 22 of Football the Albion and Me, the final episode of series 1, is an interview with Mark Lawrenson - which hopefully ends a lot of views of some fans that he airbrushes his time with us from his memory. In fact, Lawro says for the all round experience, the best time of his career was spent at Albion.

Nice interview. It's good to hear about his great experience at the Albion so fans know how misguided this idea that he hates us is ...

Does he admit he actually played for us? Does he explain his disdain for us?

... or perhaps not.:lolol:

I've only just discovered these so I'm catching up on them. What fantastic shows.

Have you got any plans to interview anyone from a bit further back? I started watching Albion in the late 60s and it would be great to hear from players of that era. The Roar had John Templeman on one show and I'd love to hear what it was like playing under Macauley, Goodwin and Saward.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I listened to the Brian Horton one this morning and it was excellent as usual. Some great stories to be told. Working through the back catalogue at the moment so should be at Lawro sometime next week...

Zamoracomehome

Apr 12, 2010
Hove
Nice interview. It's good to hear about his great experience at the Albion so fans know how misguided this idea that he hates us is ...

... or perhaps not.:lolol:

I've only just discovered these so I'm catching up on them. What fantastic shows.

Have you got any plans to interview anyone from a bit further back? I started watching Albion in the late 60s and it would be great to hear from players of that era. The Roar had John Templeman on one show and I'd love to hear what it was like playing under Macauley, Goodwin and Saward.

I’ll see what I can do! The general stumbling block has been making sure some of the older players are comfortable with the technology - lockdown has changed a lot of that so will reapproach.

Thanks for the nice feedback! They’re designed so they can be listened to at any point (not time specific apart from maybe something current right at the start) so it’d be great to know if that’s holding up.

Jul 7, 2003
First time I've listened to one of these and I really enjoyed it. Will start working my way through the earlier ones now.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I hope someone asked him if Robin Friday ACTUALLY took a shit in his kit bag? ???

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I’ll see what I can do! The general stumbling block has been making sure some of the older players are comfortable with the technology - lockdown has changed a lot of that so will reapproach.

Great. There are few still around: Templeman, of course, but Powney and Gall are still around the area I believe. Love to hear from Dave Turner, my first Albion hero. He was on the pitch on the anniversary of the 65 promotion and looked fit enough to play the next 90 minutes!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
The problem is he's being interviewed by someone for an Albion podcast. So from the original interview request he will be aware that he has to admit playing for us. That said, I keep meaning to listen to these podcasts and will download to a player for the weekend lazing in the garden.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Episode 22 of Football the Albion and MeIn fact, Lawro says for the all round experience, the best time of his career was spent at Albion.

There was an event in the Archer days which Lawro attended. At that event Lawro also described his time with Brighton as the most fun part of his career. Also as he attended that event to help us back then I tend to think he does like us.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There was an event in the Archer days which Lawro attended. At that event Lawro also described his time with Brighton as the most fun part of his career. Also as he attended that event to help us back then I tend to think he does like us.

This 'he has disdain for us' trope was put to bed ages ago.

When he's doing the media he likes to be neutral. He also likes to make waspish comments. In real life he's a former Preston, Brighton and Liverpool player, who has time for all his former clubs, and has done his bit from time to time four our cause.

And yet I too was on the 'he has disdain' bus for years, till someone posted the evidence on here. And people wonder how prejudice works? It comes as naturally as breathing. Sarky Northen Git, never mentions his time at Brighton, burn him.

:facepalm:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Lawro did an interview on the Roar too and came across as a really fun bloke who seemed to have an absolute blast whilst here at the Albion. I look forward to listening to this one too.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
This series is the daddy of Albion podcasts.
I love the simple format, letting the guest talk at length, no “look at me” interruptions from the presenter.
Really, really good listen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here