Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cordoba, Andersson & Muriqi

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
Apologies if fixtures elsewhere and hate to be the bringer of bad news but i've noticed the following names can be written off the NSC wishlist as have had their transfers confirmed in the last few days...

Jhon Córdoba
Cologne to Hertha Berlin £13.5m

Sebastian Andersson
Union Berlin to Cologne £6m

Vedat Muriqi
Fenerbahce to Lazio £16.2m

Would of been delighted with any of these to be honest. Can only hope we are aiming even higher...

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Apologies if fixtures elsewhere and hate to be the bringer of bad news but i've noticed the following names can be written off the NSC wishlist as have had their transfers confirmed in the last few days...

Jhon Córdoba

Sebastian Andersson

Vedat Muriqi

Would of been delighted with any of these to be honest. Can only hope we are aiming even higher...

I would have too - shame.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Jhon Córdoba

Sebastian Andersson

Vedat Muriqi

At least that proves the right price is still available.

I was getting somewhat blinkered by £20m being the starting price in the EPL.

I still reckon Andersson could have worked, esp at £6m, dunno about t'other two.

Sadly Muriqi's move to Lazio doesn't appear to free up anyone over there.

Last edited:

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Muriqi was the one I wanted out of that list of players who are all amazing in the air. He is an absolute monster, like an Andy Carroll who doesn’t get injured!

However, it might well be that in terms of passing and movement, we’re going to be getting a higher calibre of player. I’m team Origi currently although I expect this to change by the weekend.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I’m team Origi currently although I expect this to change by the weekend.

I’m not team Origi currently although I expect this to change by the weekend.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For Christ’s sake, what team are you then? Don’t you just automatically jump on the latest rumour like me?

Team Dia?

Truth be told I'm still hurting from Nunez' snub.

He was absolutely THE singing and judging by the clubs response since, I'll Eden a guess I'm not the only one to think that.

My broken heart certainly isn't going to be appeased by a potentially overpriced Liverpool nearly man.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Truth be told I'm still hurting from Nunez' snub.

He was absolutely THE singing and judging by the clubs response since, I'll Eden a guess I'm not the only one to think that.

My broken heart certainly isn't going to be appeased by a potentially overpriced Liverpool nearly man.

Think you're right about him. In a few years time, I imagine we could well be talking about how we nearly got him (like we do today about Van Dijk). He was the perfect signing for us I think.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Think you're right about him. In a few years time, I imagine we could well be talking about how we nearly got him (like we do today about Van Dijk). He was the perfect signing for us I think.

As the saga was rumbling on, I was quite confident in thinking the club were still keeping plans B & C warm, in the back ground.

But the further we're getting away from all that excitement without even a (made up) hint of plan B has me thinking the club were pushing all it's chips into the middle confident it had the winning hand.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
As the saga was rumbling on, I was quite confident in thinking the club were still keeping plans B & C warm, in the back ground.

But the further we're getting away from all that excitement without even a (made up) hint of plan B has me thinking the club were pushing all it's chips into the middle confident it had the winning hand.

I'm sure there is a B,C,D,E etc. Some of these may have already been and gone as price/wages were out of our reach. I think it is fairly clear that Nunez was our A target though and, I agree, think we were pretty confident of getting him. Given how it appears transfers work, I'm sure we've been in touch with him and his representatives for quite some time and were pretty sure he'd choose to come here as long as we could agree a fee...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here