Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Gary Lineker BBC pay cut.

Pierre the Painter

May 20, 2020
Should be a P45 and have someone in who has more recently retired who understands the modern game more.

Jermaine Jenas hosts MOTDX which is MOTD'S exciting, sexy younger brother, created for the youth, surely he's the go to guy?? Other than that Manish Bhasin or Rishi Persad?

This now means that Zoe Ball is the highest paid employee on the BBC payroll, a victory for equality.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Should be a P45 and have someone in who has more recently retired who understands the modern game more.

He’s the presenter rather than the pundit / analyst.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Still ludicrously high as is Shearer and no doubt Wright etc. I cannot see how their salaries are justified considering they do the square root of sweet fanny adams most of the time. Shearer appears to get paid £1k a word per annum. Bin them all.

Peteinblack

NSC Patreon
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Is the hatred of Lineker due to his (undeniably exorbitant) salary, or his politics?

If a prominent BBC presenter was on the same salary, but regularly Tweeted pro-Brexit and anti-immigrant or anti-Greta Thunberg views instead, I bet there wouldn't be the same rejoicing or sneering.

Hypocrisy, too, that he's being 'reminded' of his 'responsibilities' over political Tweets at the same time as the Tories are claiming to be defenders of free speech against the 'fascist Left' and 'cancel culture'.

I guess prominent public figures should only express personal opinions which would be agreed with by Daily Mail readers.

Last edited:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Is the hatred of Lineker due to his (undeniably exorbitant) salary, or his politics?

If a prominent BBC presenter was on the same salary, but regularly Tweeted pro-Brexit and anti-immigrant or anti-Greta Thunberg views instead, I bet there wouldn't be the same rejoicing or sneering.

Hypocrisy, too, that he's being 'reminded' of his 'responsibilities' over political Tweets at the same time as the Tories are claiming to be defenders of free speech against the 'fascist Left' and 'cancel culture'.

I guess prominent public figures should only express personal opinions which would be agreed with by Daily Mail readers.

Who cares, so long as he pays his dues?

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2017/nov/09/revealed-scheme-gary-lineker-tax-barbados-home

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Steve Wright :nono:

Jermaine Jenas hosts MOTDX which is MOTD'S exciting, sexy younger brother, created for the youth, surely he's the go to guy?? Other than that Manish Bhasin or Rishi Persad?

This now means that Zoe Ball is the highest paid employee on the BBC payroll, a victory for equality.

So Zoe Ball, who is losing listeners, gets a ****ing great pay rise just because she is a bint? And they wonder why there is a growing campaign to defund the BBC?

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014

We wouldn’t have time. They’d be straight out the door.

As for the BBC, scrap the licence fee and I won’t care what these lack-talents are paid. Not that I think anyone on that top ten list is worthy of polishing the boots of Clive James, Alan Whicker, or Jacob Bronowski.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Has Andrew Neill ever been rebuked for the same reasons Lineker has been?

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008

I would go for him, I think MOTD needs a revamp IMO,

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Still ludicrously high as is Shearer and no doubt Wright etc. I cannot see how their salaries are justified considering they do the square root of sweet fanny adams most of the time. Shearer appears to get paid £1k a word per annum. Bin them all.

Think that Shearer is a round 500k a year,you can have a go at least you haven't been relegated from The EPL.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here