Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Divock Origi

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For 14m it would almost be rude not to.

And he appears to be on 45k a week. So both fee and wages would work. He'd improve our attacking options. It's a tough one...

Both considerably lower than I thought they'd be, esp his wage.
Not that his demands won't be far in excess of that for this contract.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

larus

For 14m it would almost be rude not to.

And he appears to be on 45k a week. So both fee and wages would work. He'd improve our attacking options. It's a tough one...

Not in my mind it’s not.

I think he’s exactly the type of player that would suit a Potter team. Most of the team who played last night are quick, athletic, ball-playing type of players. As much as we all loved the ‘blood and thunder’ approach of Duffy/Dunk throwing their bodies on the line with blocks etc., we are evolving. Origi would appear to fit this well, but it depends if he would want to come to us after Liverpool. As much as we may not like it, we are the ‘smallest’ team in the PL (based on total years in top flight, fan base, revenue, etc.). Fulham and Palace have more years at this level than we do. I’m not saying we can’t change that, I feel that this year we will be OK.

The intricacies of our playing style (yes, I know we will still make some stupid errors) are a joy to watch, Chelsea, IMO, were fortunate to get a win last night. So Origi would compliment that I feel.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No way.

Champions League finalist.

I’d be delighted - would be a step up IMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There's a conflation of points here.

Of course he would be a step up - twatting one in off my big fat belly would be a step up. :lol:

I don't (didn't) think that step up was worthy of £20m+ and £100k a week.

Now if that's way too high I'm happy to concede my knee JERK reaction is off.

Again, come back to me in 3 weeks time and I'm likely to be crying out for his singing, for twice the money, just not yet.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Yeah he'd do, anyone really.

At this moment I'd take Razor Ruddock!

Razor.jpg

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Not in my mind it’s not.

I think he’s exactly the type of player that would suit a Potter team. Most of the team who played last night are quick, athletic, ball-playing type of players. As much as we all loved the ‘blood and thunder’ approach of Duffy/Dunk throwing their bodies on the line with blocks etc., we are evolving. Origi would appear to fit this well, but it depends if he would want to come to us after Liverpool. As much as we may not like it, we are the ‘smallest’ team in the PL (based on total years in top flight, fan base, revenue, etc.). Fulham and Palace have more years at this level than we do. I’m not saying we can’t change that, I feel that this year we will be OK.

The intricacies of our playing style (yes, I know we will still make some stupid errors) are a joy to watch, Chelsea, IMO, were fortunate to get a win last night. So Origi would compliment that I feel.

It wasn't an entirely serious comment.

I was hoping the previous sentence where I said he'd improve our attacking options and his transfer fee and wages were within budget would have been a clue as to my thinking on the transfer.

I guess I need to work on my attempts at humour!

larus

It wasn't an entirely serious comment.

I was hoping the previous sentence where I said he'd improve our attacking options and his transfer fee and wages were within budget would have been a clue as to my thinking on the transfer.

I guess I need to work on my attempts at humour!

It looks like I missed your subtlety (problem with scanning posts :lol:).

At least we’re both on the same page.

Question - who’s your avatar of (you’ve probably been asked before I assume)? If it’s your gf, lucky guy. I see you’re based in Tokyo - one country I’d love to visit.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
What an utterly mental shout. One is a 25 year old who scored 2 in the 2019 champions league semi final against Barcelona, the other (whilst undoubtedly a legend) is a 36 year old who can barely walk.

One is absolute dog shit, the other is a club legend

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It looks like I missed your subtlety (problem with scanning posts :lol:).

At least we’re both on the same page.

Question - who’s your avatar of (you’ve probably been asked before I assume)? If it’s your gf, lucky guy. I see you’re based in Tokyo - one country I’d love to visit.

I honestly can't remember who she is!

She was an AV idol way back in the early 2000's. I chose her as my avatar just before I moved out here and unfortunately her name is lost in the mists of time.

Edit: Tell a lie! She's come back to me. Azumi Kawashima.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If ever proof was required that a number of Albion fans have become very entitled :rolleyes:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I honestly can't remember who she is!

She was an AV idol way back in the early 2000's. I chose her as my avatar just before I moved out here and unfortunately her name is lost in the mists of time.

:rolleyes:

The correct answer was:-

"That's my Doris, although I'm thinking of trading up soon"

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Surely if the Albion thought this was a goer they would have made a move by now? £45K a week wages and in his entire career his best league return in a season has been 8 goals. Not for me, Clive.

How many games tho? Time on pitch? 8 probably good in context

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Now that's a:-

Panic Buy.

Is it? I wonder if we have taken too long and are now left with the dregs!? Shocked [emoji50]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here